Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Baseball Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Mariners youh movement torwards a championship MLB 12 the Show (/forums/showthread.php?t=537914)

brett the jet favre 02-21-2012 01:56 PM

Mariners youh movement torwards a championship MLB 12 the Show

1 Attachment(s)

Seattle Mariners Dynasty

Roster: Knights rosters

Difficulty: All star timing hitting, all star pulse pitching, and all star analog fielding.

brett the jet favre 02-21-2012 02:37 PM

Re: Mariners youth movement torwards a championship MLB 12 the Show

Season in review: The Mariners started their 35th season with high hope of improving their previous record of 61-101 by acquiring Jack Cust, Adamn Kennedy, and Brendan Ryan. Chone Figgins even looked to improve his horrible .259 batting average of the 2010 season.
The M's started the season 2-0, but then went on a long 7 game losing streak, a trend that happened a lot during the season. The M's happened to pull it together after benching Figgins after hitting just .188 and replacing him with newly acquired Adamn Kennedy as the every day third baseman. On June 17th, the Mariners called up highly trouted prospect Dustin Ackley, on the same day he got his first carrer hit against the Phillies starter Roy Oswalt. On July 5th, the Mariners were tied for first place in the AL West with the Texas Rangers, but that was their downfall, after that game the Mariners went on a franchise record 18 game losing streak.
Two days after the losing streak the M's cut Jack Cust after hitting just .213 with 3 home runs. Also during the season long time broadcaster Dave Niehaus died of a heart attack. During the season Erik Bedard got traded to the Boston Red Sox for Trayvon Robinson, and Chih-Hsein Chang as part of a three team trade with the Dodgers. Doug Fister also got traded to the Tigers for Casper Wells, Charlie Furbush, Francisco Martinez, and Chance Ruffin. Gutierrez was injured and didnt play a lot of last seasn due to his irritable bowel, and strained oblique. King Felix also had a somewhat down year going 14-14 with a 3.47 ERA. Ichiro hit only .272 with 184 hits, his first season since 2001 without 200 plus hits. Justin Smoak also had a horrible year, he started the year out just fine, hitting over .300 with 4 homers, the his dad died, and after some time off he was in a slump, and just as he got out of the slump later on, he got hit in the face with a baseball, but in Septemeber, he was hitting .340 with 3 homers in the final 18 games.
But not all of the 2011 season was bad, the M's played a record 19 new rookies in the season, Dustin Ackley got to be the everyday second baseman, and is gearing up to be the second baseman of the Mariners for a very long time, Kyle Seager got some experience as well as all the rookies that got a chance to play, Casper Wells, was hitting over .300 and even had a 4 game homerun hitting streak before getting hit in the head by Brandon Marrow and developing vertigo like symptoms. Also the biggest rookie that stepped up big, besides Dustin Ackley, was Mike Carp, he hit .276 with 12 homeruns and 46 runs batted in. Brandon League also had a very good year, his first year ever closing, he had 37 saves, with a 2.79 ERA, and was elected to his first all star game.

brett the jet favre 02-21-2012 03:07 PM

Re: Mariners youh movement torwards a championship MLB 12 the Show

Offseason: Going into the offseason, the Mariners had the worst offense again, scoring an all time low 513 runs, the worst since the DH was introduced. Offense was their biggest concern, and almost all Mariner fans wanted to go after Prince Fielder, Since Jack Z drafted Prince, almost all fans thought it'd be possible to get him due to Jack having a relationship with Prince, fans waited and waited, but when Victor Martinez got hurt for the year, the Tigers swooped in and grabbed him for 9 years 214 million.
The AL West is only getting tougher with the Rangers coming off their second world series loss and the signing of Japanese superstar Yu Darvish, and the Angels not holding back this offseason, signing C.J Wilson for 5 years 77.5 million dollars, and all-star Albert Pujols for 10 years 254 million.
The Mariners biggest splash during the free agency period wasnt a signing at all, but a trade that sent Michael Pineda and Jose Campos for Jesus Montero, and Hecktor Noesi. Montero is a 22 year old catcher who has a ton of power, and hits for average, last season with the Yankees, he hit .328 with 4 homeruns in just 18 games, they also signed Kevin Milwood, who is looking like the M's number 5 starter.
The Mariners also inked Hisashi Iwakuma to a 1 year 1.5 millon gaurenteed, with 3.4 million in incentives. They also singed George Sherrill, Oliver Perez, Carlos Guillen, as well as others to minor league contracts and Munenori Kawasaki, for a minor league deal, who is figured to be the back up infielder.

brett the jet favre 02-21-2012 03:39 PM

Going into the season: Going into the 2012 season, Franklin Gutirrez put on about 15 pounds, and is looking for a healthy rebound year, if he dosent rebound, he could very well be dealt at the deadline due to the Mariners having so many young outfielders. Mike Carp as well as Justin Smoak has lost some weight and are looking much more fit. Dustin Ackley has put on about 10 pounds, and he says he feels much more stronger.

Things to look forward to: More things to look forward to this season is can 2 of the big 3 break camp, by big 3 i mean Danny Hultzen, James Paxton, and Taiwain Walker. Hultzen, and Paxton may very well break camp in the rotation acording to pitching coach Carl Willis, Hultzen the MAriners first round pick in last years draft, pitched in the Arizona Fall League, where he went 1-0 with a 1.40 ERA, with just 1 walk, and 16 hits, but has yet to throw in the minor leagues. Paxton on the other hand has pitched in both A, and AA, in AA he went 3-0 with a 1.85 ERA. Walker is still atleased a year away, but out of the 3, Paxton has the biggest chance of making it, followed by Hultzen, then Walker. But by September, you can almost for certain bet, they will both be in the Majors.

Eric Wedge also indicated that Ichiro will not be the lead off hitter in 2012, he also indicated that Figgins will be the staring third baseman and because he will be the starter, and because Ichiro struggled, you can almost bet that Figgins will be the lead off hitter, and hopefully can rebound from his 2 horrible years with the Mariners. Where does that leave Ichiro hitting? Tune in.

brett the jet favre 02-21-2012 03:44 PM

Will not post anymore until i get the game with Knights rosters, because then i can give you a depth chart, and pitching and hitting overview. Thank you for viewing.

brett the jet favre 03-26-2012 04:24 PM

Alright guys, since i have some time before Knights roster comes out, so i was wondering, would you guys like to see in depth games, and write ups? Or a box score with a few headlines? If i do the second option, i can get through atleased 1 season, maybe more, but with the first option, im not sure. Let me know guys.

habslover10_GoYanks 03-26-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brett the jet favre (Post 2043504189)
Alright guys, since i have some time before Knights roster comes out, so i was wondering, would you guys like to see in depth games, and write ups? Or a box score with a few headlines? If i do the second option, i can get through atleased 1 season, maybe more, but with the first option, im not sure. Let me know guys.

box scores with short and sweet writeups:waytogo:

brett the jet favre 03-27-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habslover10_GoYanks (Post 2043505783)
box scores with short and sweet writeups:waytogo:

Alright, just how i like to do it hah. :cheers444