Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   All Star Game Location (/forums/showthread.php?t=538211)

Ranger Fan 02-23-2012 01:33 PM

All Star Game Location

I have a question for anyone who knows. Last year every All Star game was in Arizona. Is this going to be different this year? Does the All Star game location change form year to year. I know you can play at any stadium, but last year if you defaulted to another stadium the National league was always the home team.

The Kid 24 02-23-2012 01:35 PM

Re: All Star Game Location

Quote:

Originally Posted by sennett (Post 2043392019)
I have a question for anyone who knows. Last year every All Star game was in Arizona. Is this going to be different this year? Does the All Star game location change form year to year. I know you can play at any stadium, but last year if you defaulted to another stadium the National league was always the home team.

The All-Star game is in KC this year... The venue for each game is chosen by a MLB selection committee and it alternates between AL & NL parks each year.

Mabster 02-23-2012 01:36 PM

It does change year to year and correlates with real life MLB locations. It's on KC this year so the American team will have home field.

baseballsim 02-23-2012 01:36 PM

I'm still playing MLB The Show 11 and in RTTS the ballparks change.

Interestingly, if you happen to have a regular season game in Kaufmann stadium it will have an all-star game sign for 2012.

dbacks_Nation 02-24-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kid 24 (Post 2043392030)
The All-Star game is in KC this year... The venue for each game is chosen by a MLB selection committee and it alternates between AL & NL parks each year.

I think what he means is when you get to 2013 and beyond, will the ballpark change? I remember in MVP Baseball it would, I think it was scripted but not canon to reality, meaning that the ballparks weren't random.

dalger21 02-24-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbacks_Nation (Post 2043394518)
I think what he means is when you get to 2013 and beyond, will the ballpark change? I remember in MVP Baseball it would, I think it was scripted but not canon to reality, meaning that the ballparks weren't random.

It definitely does change per real life...well after a couple of years any. It does alternate between NL and AL parks once you get to later years like in real life

Ranger Fan 02-24-2012 09:10 AM

I know how the game is chosen in real life, that is not the question I am asking. In MLB The Show 11 I played 3 years of franchise and all 3 years the game was in Arizona. Does MLB The Show 12 alternate stadiums like real baseball or does anyone know at this point

TN - BRAVES FAN 02-24-2012 09:13 AM

I can't belive it took like until the 4th person for someone to understand what the OP was actully asking