Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Other Sports (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   SSX Review (360/PS3) (/forums/showthread.php?t=539035)

RaychelSnr 02-28-2012 01:14 PM

SSX Review (360/PS3)

The SSX series was, at one time, one of the most popular alternative/extreme sports series around. Each game ultimately reviewed quite well, but the linear runs became quite old hat after awhile, and ultimately made the series irrelevant.

Last year, EA decided to relaunch the SSX series -- reimagined for next-gen consoles with bigger drops with infinite replay value (or so they had visioned).

Rarely do relaunches go as well as SSX has, since not only is the series back in a big way, but it's one of the best games in the past several years in our genre.

Read More - SSX Review (360/PS3)

Blzer 02-28-2012 01:34 PM

Re: SSX Review (360/PS3)

Woo! Can't wait to pick this up later today.

By the way, I thought I'd ask it here, but I'm noticing an input delay in the game when it comes to controlling my character. Maybe that's the hit of having 30 FPS for this title, but is it as bad in the retail version as it was in the demo?

Of course, I expect you to say that you haven't noticed a problem. For those who do notice it, though (I'll record what I'm talking about later I guess), is it as bad in the retail version as it is in the demo?

WildFan22 02-28-2012 01:45 PM

This should have been released on the Vita.

davis420 02-28-2012 02:05 PM

I just rented this from Redbox, getting ready to install now. I will post some impressions in a little bit.

Tomba 02-28-2012 02:10 PM

I told you...masterpiece of a game

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk

ps3veron 02-28-2012 02:19 PM

Wow fantastic review! I was a little worried by the rather "unconventional" online but you just crushed my concerns! See you all in Kilimanjaro folks!

Jimbo68 02-28-2012 02:20 PM

NO replay mode... Does this mean no replays period, or just no replays that I can control myself?

Mabster 02-28-2012 02:39 PM

Here's my impression for those that are worried about the auto-correcting. I'm crashing a LOT. You're still noticeably bottom heavy but the game really speeds up as you level your gear. This makes it harder to align yourself since the safe landing window shrinks. You can not land on your head or your back and expect to ride away. Also depending on the mountain you're on, when you crash you can go sliding a long way before you slow down enough to get back on your feet. This messes up your times and your scores since you're waiting to get back on your board and your combo meter is shrinking while you slide. Also the demo runs where a cake walk compared to the runs that are in the full game.