Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   2012 Franchise Progress Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=539408)

slugga77 03-01-2012 06:09 PM

2012 Franchise Progress Thread

Hey guys,

I made a thread exactly like this last year and it was really a lot of fun. Everyone basically discussed there franchise's in a laid back relaxed setting. People also asked questions and helped each other out as their franchises unfolded. I think it would be another great discussion thread again this year. I know the game has yet to be officially released (although a few people have it..lucky). But, I made this early to get the baseball fever going. I for one, am HYPED for the release of this game and can't wait for OS Full Minors to get my play all 162 game Pirate season going. Last year I played every game and unfortunately ran out of gas around the All-Star break. This year I am looking to try to finish off a full season. What are your plans for your franchises this year? Hope you guys are interested.

Only a few more days!

slugga77 03-03-2012 12:54 PM

Re: 2012 Franchise Progression Thread

Anyone? haha

Majingir 03-03-2012 01:00 PM

I always do a franchise, but I randomly stop playing it halfway through the MLB season(in real life). Usually I'm around year 4-5 or something though.

I just like simming the seasons and making trades/signings. I will play huge game(sometimes I'll do a big promotion so crowds will be sold out when I play, or play a game in the world series)

I'm probably gonna do 1 fantasy draft franchise, and 1 real franchise(using the Jays!).

DELUS1ONAL 03-03-2012 01:36 PM

My first franchise will be with my Reds.

37 03-03-2012 01:42 PM

prolly gunna use the Astros (since they'll prolly be one of the worst teams in baseball) again this year for my franchise(i been mostly usin the Pirates ever since i started playin The Show)....gunna get rollin as soon as the OSFM rosters are released.....hopefully complete a few seasons this time...Anybody whose familiar with the Astros, feel free to give some insight on their current major-league roster, minors, etc.

pistolpete 03-03-2012 01:45 PM

I'm going to try a fantasy draft with a team with a nice stadium. Then when OSFM I may pick another team. I'm already gripping pretty good over choosing the "perfect" franchise team which isn't promising.

37 03-03-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolpete (Post 2043422777)
I'm going to try a fantasy draft with a team with a nice stadium. Then when OSFM I may pick another team. I'm already gripping pretty good over choosing the "perfect" franchise team which isn't promising.

What qualities are u lookin for in ur *perfect* franchise?

pistolpete 03-03-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37 (Post 2043422782)
What qualities are u lookin for in ur *perfect* franchise?

I don't know, which is why I never find it.