Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Patriots Playbook? (/forums/showthread.php?t=539441)

vatopa09 03-01-2012 08:48 PM

Patriots Playbook?

Hey Im a PSU fan and since Bill O'Brien is our new head coach I was wondering what in game playbook was most similar to the types of plays that the NE Patriots used this year? Thanks

walshcav 03-02-2012 12:21 PM

Re: Patriots Playbook?

Without having the game right in front of me I would guess Florida because Weis was the OC this last season.

I'm a Patriots fan but the offense hasn't changed THAT much since he left. You might want to do a custom playbook and add a few more shotgun formations though with two TE's.

So to sum up, Custom Playbook with a base of Florida

BigDuke 03-02-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walshcav (Post 2043419159)
Without having the game right in front of me I would guess Florida because Weis was the OC this last season.

I'm a Patriots fan but the offense hasn't changed THAT much since he left. You might want to do a custom playbook and add a few more shotgun formations though with two TE's.

So to sum up, Custom Playbook with a base of Florida

Unless you're not recruiting TEs for the 2 TE sets. New England used the 2 TE sets because they had the personnel to do so. Receiving TE recruits in the game are so-so.

Florida's playbook is the way to go though.

blkrptnt819 03-03-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDuke (Post 2043419607)
Unless you're not recruiting TEs for the 2 TE sets. New England used the 2 TE sets because they had the personnel to do so. Receiving TE recruits in the game are so-so.

Florida's playbook is the way to go though.

I have had sucess with recieving TEs in this game.

IlluminatusUIUC 03-05-2012 12:07 AM

Would he actually run that at PSU though? It's really based around having one of the best triggermen in league history at QB, and that seems like a tall order to ask a 19-20yo to replicate.