Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Offensive Coordinator = Frustration (/forums/showthread.php?t=539814)

akacesfan 03-04-2012 04:58 AM

Offensive Coordinator = Frustration

Ugh... I hate being an OC. I'm the UNT offensive coordinator on All-American and it is ridiculously frustrating to have your defense not be able to keep you in games during clutch situations. In my last game against Northern Illinois, I was having the best game of my life yards-wise with a 14-10 lead, but then, the defense took a nap and let NIU score with just 1:30 to go. Obviously, because UNT's quarterback sucks, I can't make the passes I have to, and I end up falling to 0-3 with a 17-14 to loss.

Other losses include...

@ Minnesota - Lose 21-14 due to a touchdown with two seconds left.

@ Nevada - Tie it up with 3:00 to go, then SuperSim gives up a touchdown with no time left.

Oh well, at least I have Akron coming up next... that's probably the one guaranteed beatdown I'll get all year.

Dr Death 03-04-2012 08:02 AM

Re: Offensive Coordinator = Frustration

Quote:

Originally Posted by akacesfan (Post 2043424913)
Ugh... I hate being an OC. I'm the UNT offensive coordinator on All-American and it is ridiculously frustrating to have your defense not be able to keep you in games during clutch situations. In my last game against Northern Illinois, I was having the best game of my life yards-wise with a 14-10 lead, but then, the defense took a nap and let NIU score with just 1:30 to go. Obviously, because UNT's quarterback sucks, I can't make the passes I have to, and I end up falling to 0-3 with a 17-14 to loss.

Other losses include...

@ Minnesota - Lose 21-14 due to a touchdown with two seconds left.

@ Nevada - Tie it up with 3:00 to go, then SuperSim gives up a touchdown with no time left.

Oh well, at least I have Akron coming up next... that's probably the one guaranteed beatdown I'll get all year.

I haven't played the game since August, but I loved being the OC. One helpful piece of advice... don't SIM anything. Let it play out. Yes, it takes longer, but the advantages outweigh the negatives. Don't ask me to explain it, it's just more EA ineptitude... but don't SIM... I think you'll find somewhat better results.

pierre45212 03-04-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Death (Post 2043425026)
I haven't played the game since August, but I loved being the OC. One helpful piece of advice... don't SIM anything. Let it play out. Yes, it takes longer, but the advantages outweigh the negatives. Don't ask me to explain it, it's just more EA ineptitude... but don't SIM... I think you'll find somewhat better results.

Dude when you play in an online/offline dynasty as an OC you can only play on offense period.. so it does an auto supersim on Def anyway!! so the point is you can just play one side of the ball but since you have not played since august you would not really even know...

bklyn85 03-04-2012 10:28 AM

What he means is after your offensive possession it gives you the option of "sim to next change of possession" or " watch next play". If you choose to watch your defense the game does play much better, but like Dr Death said it takes longer.

cparrish 03-04-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierre45212 (Post 2043425217)
Dude when you play in an online/offline dynasty as an OC you can only play on offense period.. so it does an auto supersim on Def anyway!! so the point is you can just play one side of the ball but since you have not played since august you would not really even know...

:58:

Actually he does know my friend. He is simply saying chose to watch the play as opposed to supersimming it.

As for the OP, it's not like your defense is giving up 40+ points so I am not sure exactly where the frustration is. Outside of Alabama and LSU, what teams give up less than 10 points a game all season?

Noble Evildoer 03-04-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Death (Post 2043425026)

This is especially helpful for field goals and PAT's. My teams would miss those all the time. Now I watch almost every time and I've seen one missed FG that was from 50 or so yards out and have never seen a missed PAT since.

akacesfan 03-05-2012 01:10 AM

I just followed that advice and I destroyed the Zips 31-7 at home. I guess it does make a difference.

Now let's see if we can follow that up with a win over UTEP...

Qck Dagger HeaT 03-05-2012 01:28 AM

Im going to try this im 2-5 with WKU and have lost 2 in the last seconds after tying up the game with like 30 sec hopefully this will help