Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 13: Better With Kinect Sensor (/forums/showthread.php?t=541675)

CM Hooe 03-11-2012 05:03 PM

Madden NFL 13: Better With Kinect Sensor

Looks like EA Sports is adding Kinect support into the XBOX 360 version of this year's iteration of the Madden series. What sort of functionality do you think we see from the sensor?

If it's something that integrates well into a simulation style of gameplay and in general is done well, be it something low-key like barking out audibles or something more adventurous like throwing the football, I could see myself buying a Kinect solely for Madden. It could add a breath of fresh air into the know-it-like-the-back-of-my-hand control scheme; again, only if done well, though.

JaymeeAwesome 03-11-2012 06:44 PM

I bet the integration will be far from sim as it can be. I've tried for other sports game and it's just a novelty. Play it for a couple hours and then go back to the controller.

Afrikan 03-11-2012 08:55 PM

Re: Madden NFL 13: Better With Kinect Sensor

yall can have Kinect support....I just hope they do as good as a job EA Canada did with the FIFA Port.

if they can have MLB The Show type connectivity for the PS3 and VITA versions of Madden....and the buy both for $79....I'd be ecstatic.

have fun with Kinect.

TrickyD 03-11-2012 09:46 PM

An implementation that I think could be pretty interesting is if you could signal your receivers on a rollout to break their route and go deep or come back to you. Or maybe use it to point out which defensive player to pick up on with the lead blocker he would be within relative "ear shot" to your ball carrier.

PantherBeast_OS 03-11-2012 11:40 PM

Sorry to say I wouldn't interest in this. I wheather stick with the controller instead. I just feel this is something else that is taking to much of Madden Crew time up. While there is other gameplay problems that need to be looked into and fixed. While this might be a good idea for the kids and all. I feel like this part of madden will have plenty of bugs and glitches along the way. Once it has been implanted into madden and is working properly. Then in a few years I might be interested in buying it then. Til then I will be sticking with the controller.

Ueauvan 03-12-2012 08:03 AM

on the basis im getting old, never played the game and prefer being GM/HC ill stick with teh controller.

TDKing 03-12-2012 08:27 AM

When I first saw that ----> :spit: :lol: then :brickwall

LambertandHam 03-12-2012 02:55 PM

Kinect, eh? So will the league fine me when there is no PI called and I scream at the digital referees?