Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Who Here Gets Sucked In Every Year? (/forums/showthread.php?t=543109)

walshcav 03-19-2012 01:24 PM

Who Here Gets Sucked In Every Year?

After the last couple of years of mediocre NCAA offerings I always tell myself, "I'm not going to get sucked in and care about it. I'll pick it up after launch if it's good."

But now, for like the third year in a row I find myself completely obsessed with when the new details are coming out.

How many of you are in the exact same boat?

SECElit3 03-19-2012 02:28 PM

Re: Who Here Gets Sucked In Every Year?

This is exactly what EA counts on year after year and is exactly the reason why they are still in business.

JalenTigh 03-19-2012 02:37 PM

I have every year for the last decade. Im not planning to this year though... we shall see how that works out.

Kcordloh 03-19-2012 02:48 PM

I never got sucked in until 2011, I didn't buy launch day though.
2012 got me though for a launch day buy, although I feel I won't get sucked in for 2013 (NCAA 2012 has finally wore off for me, I play 2-3 games a week now, vs 2-3 every day the past 7 months)

We will see, I hope I get sucked in, I enjoyed the enthusiasm I had for the game!

cparrish 03-19-2012 03:50 PM

For the first time since I can remember, I will not be picking the game up on launch day or pre-ordering the game. I will be getting the game, but maybe a couple weeks later after seeing what everyone on here says about it. I LOVE college football too much to not play it.

hurricanefootball4 03-19-2012 03:59 PM

The OS NCAA Football boards seem a lot quieter than usual this time of year.

This is the first year in a long time that I don't have a pre-order in at this point. I'll play it the weekend before it comes out with EA Sports Season Ticket and then decide after that if I want to midnight release it.

timbeau0805 03-19-2012 04:13 PM

I'm guilty.

El Niche 03-19-2012 04:26 PM

I used to get sucked each year. But last year I decided to hold out to see if '12 was really worth it. Reading comments I was glad I didnt buy.I feel I didnt miss on anything. Im using the same strategy this year as I feel the best option for getting a realistic game will be with next gen consoles.

I really dont care if they add authentic hot dog stands, people in the stands waving different "mom dad send more money" signs, 20 different player's facial expressions, shiny retro helmets, the latest 15 different nike shoes or photorealistic clouds. The only thing I want is realistic gameplay (I dont think the current gameplay engine can give me that). Sad because college football is my favorite sport.