Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Base Stealing Confusion (/forums/showthread.php?t=543195)

jkeefeholmes 03-19-2012 08:51 PM

Base Stealing Confusion

Coco is on 1st, Jemile Weeks on 3rd. I want Crisp to steal 2nd, so I did, per the manual, pushed LS to 12 o'clock pos for 2nd base, and pushed L2. Instead of just Coco stealiing they both did and Weeks was of course out at home.

What am I missing here? The manual seems pretty clear about it, point to the base you want stolen and push L2, yet they both took off.

Can someone elaborate, how should I have done this? Thanks! Having fun.
:cheers444

Jgainsey 03-19-2012 08:57 PM

Re: Base Stealing Confusion

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkeefeholmes (Post 2043483915)
Coco is on 1st, Jemile Weeks on 3rd. I want Crisp to steal 2nd, so I did, per the manual, pushed LS to 12 o'clock pos for 2nd base, and pushed L2. Instead of just Coco stealiing they both did and Weeks was of course out at home.

What am I missing here? The manual seems pretty clear about it, point to the base you want stolen and push L2, yet they both took off.

Can someone elaborate, how should I have done this? Thanks! Having fun.
:cheers444

You don't use the LS to select the base you want to steal. You use the LS to select the base runner.

In that scenario, you should've pressed the LS to 3 o'clock.

BravesBoy 03-19-2012 08:58 PM

you point the LS to the baserunner you want to steal not the base you want stolen...ex. runner on 1st you push LS towards 1st and pull L2. he will then steal the next base ie 2nd. When you pointed it toward 2nd there was no runner so it didn't register, so once used then pushed L2 it told both guys to steal..

jkeefeholmes 03-19-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BravesBoy (Post 2043483934)
you point the LS to the baserunner you want to steal not the base you want stolen...ex. runner on 1st you push LS towards 1st and pull L2. he will then steal the next base ie 2nd. When you pointed it toward 2nd there was no runner so it didn't register, so once used then pushed L2 it told both guys to steal..

Hmm ok, when just a guy on first, I do the same, point to 2nd and he steals, does that make sense? I did misunderstand and thanks for clarifying it. I wonder why it works when just a guy on first? Oh well. Thanks!

ballaholic04 03-19-2012 09:08 PM

Pressing L2 makes everyone steal unless you specify a base which someone is on.

jeagles5 03-19-2012 09:09 PM

I thought L2 steals everyone without a direction from LS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jgainsey 03-19-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkeefeholmes (Post 2043483958)
Hmm ok, when just a guy on first, I do the same, point to 2nd and he steals, does that make sense? I did misunderstand and thanks for clarifying it. I wonder why it works when just a guy on first? Oh well. Thanks!

It works because you're pressing L2.

If a runner isn't selected as you press L2, it becomes a "steal all" button. Meaning that all base runners will steal if you press L2. Though if you're doing this with only one runner on base, you may end up thinking you're doing it correctly.

jkeefeholmes 03-19-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballaholic04 (Post 2043483974)
Pressing L2 makes everyone steal unless you specify a base which someone is on.

aha, well it starts to chime then. Thats why coco and jemile both went, my LS had nothing to do with it, then or in the only man on first scenario.

Good to know!!

Danke!