Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Does All-Madden Typically Give You A Fair Game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=543655)

Pappy Knuckles 03-22-2012 10:07 PM

Does All-Madden Typically Give You A Fair Game?

I stopped playing Madden for a while because I found myself destroying the CPU on All-Pro and it got boring. I had never given All-Madden a try before because I figured it would be a lost cause, but tonight I decided to give it a go. The game I played was very competitive and I ended up losing by only 3 points. I had a difficult time running the ball, but I did break a couple of decent gains. Nothing that I experienced really stood out to me as being cheap. Did I just get lucky or does All-Madden typically give you a fair game?

PGaither84 03-22-2012 11:37 PM

Re: Does All-Madden Typically Give You A Fair Game?

No.

Use custom sliders. See the sliders sub forum found near the top of the page, or here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tball-sliders/

Jarodd21 03-22-2012 11:50 PM

All-Madden has always been the level for me to play on to get some kind of challenge from the CPU.. All-Pro has always been horrible IMO. But they really toned down alot of issues this year on All-Madden that some gamers considered Cheating on past Maddens. But there are still a few issues on default All-Madden like dropped passes and dropped INTs that can be fixed with sliders yet keep the gameplay and the AI on All-Madden. Check the slider forum lik PG said. There's a few good sliders out there including mine..:nchuck:

RGiles36 03-23-2012 09:27 AM

It's all about perspective. I switched to All-Madden about 2 wks or so ago, and I haven't really looked back.

Like you, I previously never ventured into All Madden b/c of its cheesy reputation. To my surprise, it's not "sooped-up" as it was in the past.

You will certainly see more dropped passes, but I don't mind it too much. It forces me to look to the guys are really open or get the ball to my guys that have better hands. I like that element.

Also for me, I find that ratings are more meaningful to me in All Madden. I have incentive to find the best players in my franchise, b/c the CPU is fully capable of toasting me.

The only thing that you may find is that it's very hard to stop the CPU run game on default all madden. Your players could very well be in position, but the CPU RB will break 3-4 tackles regularly and scamper off for a TD. Plus, the CPU's run blocking will literally blow you off the line LOL. So I did move the CPU's break tackle & run blocking sliders down to 45.

Broncos86 03-23-2012 10:24 AM

A fair game? No. A challenging game? Yes.

All-Madden is designed to be a challenge for those who know how to play the game well. As with any video game AI, there comes a point where the intelligence of the CPU hits a wall. When that happens, the AI has to cheat in order to become more challenging. So it won't give you a "fair" game. The CPU will cheat, they will be stronger than you, make more catches than you, and know your plays. But for those who find All-Pro too easy, that's exactly the kind of challenge needed.

Jarodd21 03-23-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncos86 (Post 2043495518)
A fair game? No. A challenging game? Yes.

All-Madden is designed to be a challenge for those who know how to play the game well. As with any video game AI, there comes a point where the intelligence of the CPU hits a wall. When that happens, the AI has to cheat in order to become more challenging. So it won't give you a "fair" game. The CPU will cheat, they will be stronger than you, make more catches than you, and know your plays. But for those who find All-Pro too easy, that's exactly the kind of challenge needed.

Seems fair to me. The CPU isn't much of a challenge on defualt All-Madden once you get use to it but it should be for guys who are destroying the CPU on All-Pro. There hasn't been many people this year who have been complaining about the CPU cheating or having some sort of advantage on All-Madden like they have in years past so it suprises me when I still see post like this because they definitely made All-Madden more playable for the Casual gamers this year.

Broncos86 03-23-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarodd21 (Post 2043495673)
Seems fair to me. The CPU isn't much of a challenge on defualt All-Madden once you get use to it but it should be for guys who are destroying the CPU on All-Pro. There hasn't been many people this year who have been complaining about the CPU cheating or having some sort of advantage on All-Madden so it suprises me when I still see post like this because they definitely made All-Madden more playable for the Casual gamers this year.

I'm not saying it isn't playable, or too difficult. I'm saying that, from a technical standpoint, the CPU does cheat. It has to cheat. This isn't an indictment against the AI or EA, this is a reality of video games. It's simply a technical reality. That's what I'm saying. All-Madden doesn't "play fair."

PGaither84 03-23-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgiles36 (Post 2043495394)
Also for me, I find that ratings are more meaningful to me in All Madden. I have incentive to find the best players in my franchise, b/c the CPU is fully capable of toasting me.

That is why I use custom sliders. I want a slider set that does the best it can at respecting the ratings. That is more important to them than a "challenge."