Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Five Must-Buy Sports Game Apps (/forums/showthread.php?t=544489)

RaychelSnr 03-28-2012 11:40 AM

Five Must-Buy Sports Game Apps

While most of us would be happy to play our sports games within the comfy confines of consoles and PCs, it's not all bad for sports games in the mobile space. In fact, when a developer embraces the strengths of the medium (portability, connectivity, touch screen), and ignores the tropes of console gaming (fake d-pads, complex mechanics, too many menus), it can actually create something that is a nice change of pace to what you'll find elsewhere, and it won't cost you as much, either.

In that spirit, I'd recommend checking out the following five apps on your iOS device.

Read More - Five Must-Buy Sports Game Apps

xblake16x 03-28-2012 01:24 PM

I would also add any of the baseball superstar games, especially 2012! Its free on both android and apple devices. It has a my player mode (batter/pitcher), a my team mode; both spanning ten seasons. It also has many other challenge modes.

It has literally been my favorite mobile game since getting my Droid 3.

TDenverFan 03-28-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xblake16x (Post 2043509985)
I would also add any of the baseball superstar games, especially 2012! Its free on both android and apple devices. It has a my player mode (batter/pitcher), a my team mode; both spanning ten seasons. It also has many other challenge modes.

It has literally been my favorite mobile game since getting my Droid 3.

^
I agree. I love Baseball Superstars.

tarek 03-29-2012 07:11 AM

I'd also add one of the football games like Fifa 12 or Football Manager Handheld. Both brilliant games.

NBA 2K12 and NBA Jam are also surprisingly good on iOS.

UnLeadedApe 03-29-2012 05:18 PM

I have been looking all over for a good basketball game and it sounds like nba jam might be the way to go, but what about football?

Bolsen 03-29-2012 07:20 PM

I would go with NFL Pro 2012, it's free and actually pretty fun, I haven't finished a full season yet so I'm not sure what is going on after the season but the gameplay is fun. I'm going for NBA 2k12 too, the demo is more fun to me, why don't you get the demos and see which one you like best

bigdoc85 03-30-2012 11:40 AM

FIFA 12 is great on both iPhone and iPad. NBA2K feels a little "awkward" to me -- I probably prefer NBAJam.

redway 04-28-2012 03:44 AM

Re: Five Must-Buy Sports Game Apps

I newly join this very interesting and informative forum for discussions. I really very happy to join this forum. I like it.