Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   After 4 regular season NFL games...tackling issue (/forums/showthread.php?t=54501)

Darth_Vader 10-03-2003 11:04 AM

After 4 regular season NFL games...tackling issue

The NYJ's Sam Cowart leads the NFL in tackles with 33 tackles and 14 assisted, giving him a total of 47 in 4 games. Source: NFL.com

I am wondering if any of you're players are getting that amount after a quarter of the season is through or at least close to it.

If so, can you tell me what quarter length you are playing on as well as human tackling slider and CPU running slider?

The Jets are 0-4 this season and so it might be understandable that Cowart gets all those tackles since they are probably playing Defense the whole time, so I looked into a team that is better than that...say the Minnesota Vikings...Chris Clairborne leds the team and the NFC with 32 total tackles, 4 of them are assisted. That's 8 tackles a game!

Are you guys getting stats similar to these?

Also after 4 games only 3 players have more than 40 tackles. I am wondering if the league leaders in your franchise are similar after 4 games. If so what is your sim quarter length?

BigD 10-03-2003 12:08 PM

Re: After 4 regular season NFL games...tackling issue

Hmmm. Not sure if this will pertains to your thread or not but I simmed one game with my Boys and Coakley got 16 tackles for the game, mind you he recieved a "prime time" award for his performace. However, the most I've had while actually playing was with Woodson who ended up with 10.

I'm using default sliders on 5 and sometimes 6 minute quarters.

Kanobi 10-03-2003 01:22 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Darth_Vader said:
The NYJ's Sam Cowart leads the NFL in tackles with 33 tackles and 14 assisted, giving him a total of 47 in 4 games. Source: NFL.com

I am wondering if any of you're players are getting that amount after a quarter of the season is through or at least close to it.

If so, can you tell me what quarter length you are playing on as well as human tackling slider and CPU running slider?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I play All-Pro Default/Fast...10 minute qtrs and get bewteen 120-130 plays a game and roughly 60-65 plays per team.

My better LBs avg about 8-10 tackles a game with a few standout performances where they dominate and have 13 tackles or more.

By week 4 my guys are usually in the 35-45 tackle range.

Of course all this depends alot on T.O.P. and the playcalling of the opponent. However, with my parameters being 10 min qtrs/All pro default/fast, I get very realistic stats and gameflow.

kirkangil 10-03-2003 04:12 PM

After 4 games my mlb has 63 tackles and 10 assists on 10 minute quarters with my pursuit at max and my tackling at 30 I also have the cpus defense like this so players will swarm better. I with my mlb on every play special teams and everything. He is a monster that i drafted at 83 ovr with 85 tak and good instincts. My strategy is to always be the second player to the ball to finish the guy off. the running backs i play against still average 20+ broken tackles but mostly because there breaking the first tackle and im finishing them off. One game i had 20 tackles and 5 assists with him. Ive only given up over 80 yards once in the 4 games. Im determined to lead the league in tackles this year so im gonna have to get 200+.

Darth_Vader 10-03-2003 05:30 PM

kirkangil said:
After 4 games my mlb has 63 tackles and 10 assists on 10 minute quarters with my pursuit at max and my tackling at 30 I also have the cpus defense like this so players will swarm better. I with my mlb on every play special teams and everything. He is a monster that i drafted at 83 ovr with 85 tak and good instincts. My strategy is to always be the second player to the ball to finish the guy off. the running backs i play against still average 20+ broken tackles but mostly because there breaking the first tackle and im finishing them off. One game i had 20 tackles and 5 assists with him. Ive only given up over 80 yards once in the 4 games. Im determined to lead the league in tackles this year so im gonna have to get 200+.

Two questions for you:

1. Where is the CPU Running and blocking sliders at?
2. Did you ever try to do this with 8 minute quarters?

Darth_Vader 10-04-2003 03:00 PM

anyone know the answer to the above???

bigmark 10-06-2003 01:18 PM

Darth_Vader said:

The Jets are 0-4 this season and so it might be understandable that Cowart gets all those tackles since they are probably playing Defense the whole time, so I looked into a team that is better than that...say the Minnesota Vikings...Chris Clairborne leds the team and the NFC with 32 total tackles, 4 of them are assisted. That's 8 tackles a game!

Are you guys getting stats similar to these?

Also after 4 games only 3 players have more than 40 tackles. I am wondering if the league leaders in your franchise are similar after 4 games. If so what is your sim quarter length?

Not that same Cowart is the same player he was a few years ago - but he was on pace for over 200 tackles in 2000 before one of Tampa's lineman delivered a cheapshot that ended his season.

I noticed the tackling stats can be a little high too, but it's not nearly outrageous enough to take away from the game IMO.

kirkangil 10-06-2003 05:27 PM

Darth_Vader said:
kirkangil said:

Two questions for you:

1. Where is the CPU Running and blocking sliders at?
2. Did you ever try to do this with 8 minute quarters?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post"> Sorry i dont come to the boards that often but all the other sliders are default i didnt touch em. But i do have 2 monster dts i signed sapp out of free agency and traded for shaun rogers from the lions and run the 4-3 so they keep a lot of blockers off of me. I tried using the 3-4 but it didnt work as well because if the center or guard blocks you its hard to get off. But heres my tackle update i havent played in a couple days but i have90 tackles 2 sacks and 11 assists through 6 games i told you he was a tackling machine!