Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Contract Black Screen Glitch (/forums/showthread.php?t=545805)

rsti0713 04-04-2012 07:58 PM

Contract Black Screen Glitch

Has anyone encountered this problem before? My first round draft pick showed up with a black screen and I couldn't select any option to offer. I had to wait 60 seconds and then had to exit. I was able to sign all my other draft picks, but the "continuing rookie deal" message keeps coming up and I can't sign him. Has anyone gone through this? Does it go away? I had a decent draft class so it's not the end of the world...but it's frustrating.

Thoughts?

Skarecrow 04-04-2012 08:48 PM

Re: Contract Black Screen Glitch

I've seen it once, and only once.

my undrafted-pickup rookie qb showed up on, say, week 6 to talk about contract. I tried to lowball him with my first offers, and he left. that's normal, he'll be back next week and we'll discuss a more sane option, right? same thing I've done a hundred times. he'll be back presenting the same contract options and we'll pick one.

well he hadn't played a single down yet that season other than holding the snap for the kicker. Well my main QB got knocked out in the middle of the 2nd quarter, and my backup QB had to play the other 2 and a half quarters of the game. he did remarkably well for himself (Great supporting team). so he swaggers into next week's contract talks... and there isn't a single option available. not a one. black screen. gotta wait 60 seconds. just like you said.

I always assumed that it was a bug in the game where all of the contract values range that we "settled" on last week are no longer appropriate to his skill and performance.

Winnipeg59 04-04-2012 10:56 PM

Re: Contract Black Screen Glitch

Running a Raiders dynasty at the moment and just had it happen when signing draft picks in second season. Low-rated (I eventually found out) CB came up with a first offer. I too low-balled him and he was "outta here"!

Next time, black screen/60-secs. In fact next fews times we negotiated, same thing. Just had to wait. Eventually (I'd have to re-read that part of the season) he did come back with an offer and I did sign him.

I like to think of it as a painful way (waiting the 60-secs) of holding out?!? Not sure if that was the design or not??