Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Playbook Help (/forums/showthread.php?t=545922)

ZACHB2012 04-05-2012 02:06 PM

Playbook Help

I'm about to start a new franchise and I want to build a tough team with a good running game and good defense.

Offense: I want a run-oriented attack with a significant number of touches for my number 2 attack.

Defense: Preferably a 4-3 scheme that gets after the quarterback well and creates turnovers.

Any suggestions for which playbooks I should use?

cloudedskate 04-05-2012 03:30 PM

Re: Playbook Help

If you want like a 70-30 run-pass split then go with the Steelers Smashmouth or whatever it is called.

That 4-3 defense sounds like the Jags Physical D. A lot of 4-3 man blitzes. Jags Physical D is my favorite defensive playbook because I blitz most of the time.

Mike3207 04-05-2012 04:34 PM

College Attack is a good running playbook, but get a Mobile QB to run it. As for defense, Titan Blitz Heavy or Jim Johnson Blitz.

thedudescrew 04-06-2012 03:36 AM

Do College Attack and use the Maryland I a ton. I use it almost every game and I love it. Don't bother with the options and I found that you don't need a mobile QB as long as you are running and doing PA.

As far as Defense, I recommend the 3-3-5 Mustang. I have found it shuts down everything if its run right and if the players adapt to it right away. The only problem with new PBs is the players have to relearn everything.