Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Basketball Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   The Coaching Career of Elias Scott (CH2k8) (/forums/showthread.php?t=546691)

Spoonska 04-09-2012 09:48 PM

The Coaching Career of Elias Scott (CH2k8)

Heya! I've always been a huge fan of dynasties and especially the ones on this board. I figured I'd take a crack at it since I love both sports and creative writing. Hopefully its entertaining and if not constructive criticism is appreciated.

If the images run off the page just refresh your browser (press F5) and it should fix them !

Table of Contents

Legacy Type : Closed (Modified roster to include McNeese in the team pool. Biggest change was bringing P.Richard from a 78 to a 63. Took McNeese from 70 ovr to 67)

Rosters: Raiderfan's 2011-2012

Code:

As of April 15, 2012

Play Mode: Simulation
Difficulty: All Conference
Half Length: 15 Minutes
Simulated Half Length: 18 Minutes
Game Speed: 45
Player Speed: 50
Free Throw Difficulty: 75
Player Lock: Off
Real Player FT %: On
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Team Unity: On
Sixth Man: On
Clutch Factor: On
Pass Icon: On
Def Player Icon: On
Inbound Def Switch: Off

Rules
Charging: 100
Blocking: 100
Reaching: 65
Shooting: 60
Loose Ball: 100

Game Sliders (HUM / CPU)
Inside Range Success: 48/43
Mid Range Success: 49/43
3 Point Success: 48/44
Dunk Success: 48/55
Layup Success: 48/44
Close Shot Tendency: 50/50
Midrange Shot Tendency: 50/50
3pt Shot Tendency: 50/30
Drive Tendency: 50/100

Offensive Awareness: 0/25
Defensive Awareness: 100/100
Dunk: 50/50
Ball Handling: 0/0
Off Rebounding: 0/0
Def Rebounding: 0/0
Block: 50/50
Steal: 50/100
Speed: 51/51

Team Unity Effects: 50/50
Dunks In Traffic: 100/100
Screen Success: 60/60
Screen Strength: 20/20
Steal Success: 50/100
Help Defense: 100/100
Help Recovery: 20/20

Energy Fatigue Rate: 55/55
Energy Recover Rate: 50/50
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Effects: 75/75

Spoonska 04-09-2012 09:49 PM

Re: The Coaching Career of Elias Scott (CH2k8)

"Elias Scott is a 26 year old "local businessman". He runs a youth rec center downtown for underprivileged kids. I knew his father we played football together in the 70s. He's the perfect guy for our job." said Clyde Weston the Athletic Director for McNeese State University. " He has no previous coaching experience that will be hard to pass off on the public but he did play D1 basketball. The best outcome is we win maybe 1 or 2 games and we can shut down this god awful drain on our budget".

The McNeese State basketball program has been in great turmoil as of late. In the past three years the average attendance of home games is just under 75. With recent budget cuts imposed by the state of Louisiana the basketball program has been seen as more of a blemish then any form of entertainment to the local community. With the lease expiring soon at the Burton Coliseum the program was on the chopping block. AD Weston's brilliant plan was to hire a patsy to run the team into the ground and slowly phase out the program over 2 years.

Later that evening at the E&M Youth Rec Center Clyde Weston met with Elias Scott about a recent job opening with the Cowboys. "Elias old friend!" Exclaimed Mr. Weston. "It's been a really long time... I'm sorry to hear about your father. What has it been 8 months since he passed away?" "Yea, we miss the guy" said Elias Scott as he gave Mr. Weston a hug. "We're having a walk for local area kids with cancer this Saturday if you're interested... In his name of course". Mr. Weston chuckled and said "That sounds great Elias! I'll make some calls make sure you have a good turn out".

"So what brings you to this part of town Mr. Wes?" asked Elias. "Well I'm not one to bull **** you Elias, I owe your dad that much. We're looking for a coach." said AD Weston. “A basketball coach? asked Elias, " But I have no experience in coaching what so ever. What makes you think I'd be even remotely a good fit for that job?" Clyde Weston laughed and said "Well you see we're going to try something new. We've been promoting assistants from within but it hasn't worked out. I talked it over with the board and we think you have a certain charisma this place will respect. You have great character with these kids you work with and you know how to shape talent." Stunned at the notion Elias tells Weston that this idea sounds crazy. "Look" said Weston "You'll have complete control over the program... Who your coaches are, who you recruit... hell you can even pick what food is served at the concession stand (laughing). We'd be willing to compensate you as well. How does $32,000 a year sound?" Choking a bit Elias says “32k? I thought basketball coaches made a hell of a lot more than that"... "They do when they're experienced and win games but we're taking a risk on you if you accept and we can put ourselves in a financial bind if this doesn't work out. Win a few games and maybe next year we'll set you up with something in the 80k range." said Clyde Weston even though he knew there wouldn’t be a next season. "I don't know about this I'm going to have to talk it over with Melinda" said Elias. "I understand. You have my number take care Elias" Said Weston as he left the gym.

Later that night Elias explained to his wife the opportunity that had been presented to him earlier that afternoon. "Well coaching is something you love doing" said Melinda. "Yea, but with teenagers and what about the rec center I can't give it up... not now" said Elias. Melinda laughed and said " 18 and 19 year old kids aren’t that much different from 15 year olds Elias, and don't worry about the rec center I can run it with Sara. We already handle most of the business aspects as it is." Elias smiled because the support from his wife felt insurmountable. “So you think I should do it?” said Elias. "I think it's been a long dream of yours and I'm here to support you in your dreams Elias. Go for it" said Melinda happy for her husband. The next day Elias Scott would call Clyde Weston and inform him of his decision. And so would begin the legacy of Elias Scott... or the end of a program.

Spoonska 04-09-2012 09:49 PM

Spoonska 04-09-2012 09:51 PM

Spoonska 04-09-2012 09:52 PM

Spoonska 04-10-2012 12:44 AM

pjmoore 28 04-10-2012 04:04 AM

im liking your presentation style for the dynasty. its very creative. Tough first loss of the season, im sure u will do better though. Will follow.!!

JerzeyReign 04-10-2012 06:23 AM

Love the presentation as well! Lose by 58? Ehh, I think its time run a certain team until they vomit.