Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   DLC Courses: Buying Rounds and Course Mastery (/forums/showthread.php?t=547723)

jmarks2001 04-16-2012 10:58 AM

DLC Courses: Buying Rounds and Course Mastery

Got the game a couple days ago and am loving it so far. For those of you that have had it since release, I have some questions about buying rounds on DLC courses unlocking them via Course Mastery challenges.

1. After two days of playing (probably about 15-20 rounds of golf), I've only earned about 8,000 coins. It will take me another 7 or 8 rounds to hit 12,000 which will allow me to buy 3 rounds on a DLC course. Do you earn coins faster as you get further into the game, possibly speeding up this process?

2. How many rounds does it take to complete all course master challenges? I know this will vary based on skill level/performance. I'm playing on the Tour Pro difficulty and shooting anywhere from -5 to +3. Would I be better off using a lower difficulty setting when playing DLC courses to make it easier to earn the mastery objectives? Is it feasible to complete all the objectives in 3 rounds?

The way I see it, it could take me a solid week of playing to a) earn the coins required to purchase the rounds and b) complete the objectives. And that assumes that I can complete the mastery challenges in the three rounds.

Any other tips or strategies from those of you who have done this would be appreciated.

evilc08 04-16-2012 11:38 AM

Re: DLC Courses: Buying Rounds and Course Mastery

From reading other posts and my plan on the DLC, I will offer this:

If you are going to get all the DLC, save up for the 11 pack. 11 courses for 150k. Then if you want more just spend the whole 18k on each course instead of rounds. This of course seems to only apply to us PS3 users though.

As far as earning coins, I seem to always get 575 to just under 600 each round. If you really want the extra coins for sure, then maybe lower the settings. Just might get boring that way.

I also just got the game and haven't been able to join a country club. This might be another way to rack up coins quicker.

The course mastery might take more then 3 rounds for the gold. I think one of them is get 100 pars or better(or something at that number). Whichever it was, 3 rounds is only 54 holes and might not work out. The easy setting might help though especially with the 5 eagles.

jmarks2001 04-16-2012 12:41 PM

So on PS3, you can just buy unlimited rounds on a DLC course through in-game coins, but on X360, you can't? I'm on X360...it figures!

I wouldn't mind "paying as I go" for rounds on the DLC courses, but with the price of 1 round at 6,000 coins, it will take about 9-10 rounds on a non-DLC course to earn 1 round on a DLC course. I think buying three rounds at a time costs 12,000 (4k per round).

FWIW, I've been getting about 650 coins per round, and I am in a 25-member country club. I was hoping that there was some way to earn coins faster as you progressed in the game.

I got a pin that gave me a 5x multiplier on XP earned in a round, are there any comparable pins that earn you multipliers on coins?

choadler 04-16-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmarks2001 (Post 2043573823)
So on PS3, you can just buy unlimited rounds on a DLC course through in-game coins, but on X360, you can't? I'm on X360...it figures!

I wouldn't mind "paying as I go" for rounds on the DLC courses, but with the price of 1 round at 6,000 coins, it will take about 9-10 rounds on a non-DLC course to earn 1 round on a DLC course. I think buying three rounds at a time costs 12,000 (4k per round).

FWIW, I've been getting about 650 coins per round, and I am in a 25-member country club. I was hoping that there was some way to earn coins faster as you progressed in the game.

I got a pin that gave me a 5x multiplier on XP earned in a round, are there any comparable pins that earn you multipliers on coins?

If you want to master a hole quickly on DLC, then yes, definitely lower the difficulty. One bad round could set you back a ways into course mastery. I have decided that with 20 some odd courses on the Collectors Editions, that i am not going to worry too much about buying the DLC courses. I am going to do a little pin collecting for the course holes to help my status for the CC along and ensure that I get the XP multipliers and refills. After, I get my CAG set, then I am going to focus on getting the DLC. Hopefully I won't burn out by then.

BIG17EASY 04-16-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilc08 (Post 2043573637)
I also just got the game and haven't been able to join a country club. This might be another way to rack up coins quicker.

Yes, this is a key point. If you're a member of a country club and play the game four straight days, you get 1,000 coins for a "loyalty bonus." It might seem like a lot to be playing every single day, but all you have to do is turn the game on, play one hole and then stop and you'll get credit for playing that day. So you're basically getting two rounds' worth of coins just for turning the game on four days in a row.

And once you hit that fourth day, the cycle starts over, so you can earn another 1,000 coins for days later. That helps the coins add up a little quicker.

JaymeeAwesome 04-16-2012 01:52 PM

It takes a minimum of 6 rounds to complete gold mastery on any given course so prepare to spend 24,000 coins on a DLC.

There is one loophole. If a DLC course is coming up on your career mode, I recommend changing the number of rounds to 4. Playing a DLC on career will not take away one of your coined rounds. So buy three rounds, play 4 in career mode and use the remaining 3 in play now or online and you will have played 7 rounds for only 12000 coin.

jmarks2001 04-16-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymee13 (Post 2043574054)
It takes a minimum of 6 rounds to complete gold mastery on any given course so prepare to spend 24,000 coins on a DLC.

There is one loophole. If a DLC course is coming up on your career mode, I recommend changing the number of rounds to 4. Playing a DLC on career will not take away one of your coined rounds. So buy three rounds, play 4 in career mode and use the remaining 3 in play now or online and you will have played 7 rounds for only 12000 coin.

In my career, I'm only into the third tournament of the Nationwide Tour and the courses I've played so far are Pebble Beach, Kiawah, Augusta, Torrey Pines, and Bethpage. I think these are all non-DLC. Do the DLC courses they show up in the Event List if you've already bought rounds for that particular course? Or can I play them in Career even if I haven't bought any rounds on them?

Excellent tip. Thanks!

JaymeeAwesome 04-16-2012 09:34 PM

They appear regardless but if you look ahead you can see when one comes up and buy a round.