Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Does training PCLT, H/9, HR/9, K/9, and BB/9 affect me if I don't simulate any games? (/forums/showthread.php?t=547838)

andyacecandy 04-16-2012 11:55 PM

Does training PCLT, H/9, HR/9, K/9, and BB/9 affect me if I don't simulate any games?

If I'm using meter pitching, what would be the point in training all the areas listed in the title? Wouldn't I control my own fate when pitching with meter?

I can see how it would matter if I were simulating games or using classic pitching, but not really if I'm playing every game and using meter pitching.

I guess I could see:

PCLT: how confident I am in tough spots

H/9: how good of contact hitters get against my pitches?

HR/9: same as above

K/9: wouldn't I control this with my pitching? Or do you think it really depends on how much i train here

BB/9: I hardly ever walk anyone, so not sure what this could really mean...

seanjeezy 04-17-2012 12:05 AM

Re: Does training PCLT, H/9, HR/9, K/9, and BB/9 affect me if I don't simulate any ga

Those are the most important ratings for a pitcher in this game; just paraphrasing here but I believe Ramone said that a pitcher with 99's in their /9 ratings and 0 rated pitches will be better than a guy with 99 rated pitches and 0's for his /9's in-game as well as in sims

cardinalbird5 04-17-2012 12:27 AM

Re: Does training PCLT, H/9, HR/9, K/9, and BB/9 affect me if I don't simulate any ga

HR/9 does nothing except for simming.

Pitching clutch is when RISP and you'll notice your controller start to vibrate. A good pitching clutch makes your player relaxed and feel like it is a normal situation.

BB/9 HELPS alot IMO. It makes the meter, PP, or whatever using easier to use. You also seem to get more black calls and just seem to spot your pitches overall better.

K/9 I assume helps a lot with swing and misses. This probably goes up against the hitter's plate vision. If his PCI isn't even close to the ball then expect a lot of swing and misses.

H/9 probably helps you get a lot more grounders and avoid the fat part of the bat. Although I am not exactly sure how this is implemented in the middle of a game.

So avoid HR/9, but I'd look into BB/9 and K/9.

Bobhead 04-17-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalbird7 (Post 2043576412)
HR/9 does nothing except for simming.

Pitching clutch is when RISP and you'll notice your controller start to vibrate. A good pitching clutch makes your player relaxed and feel like it is a normal situation.

BB/9 HELPS alot IMO. It makes the meter, PP, or whatever using easier to use. You also seem to get more black calls and just seem to spot your pitches overall better.

K/9 I assume helps a lot with swing and misses. This probably goes up against the hitter's plate vision. If his PCI isn't even close to the ball then expect a lot of swing and misses.

H/9 probably helps you get a lot more grounders and avoid the fat part of the bat. Although I am not exactly sure how this is implemented in the middle of a game.

So avoid HR/9, but I'd look into BB/9 and K/9.

I don't know about HR/9, but everything else in this post is correct. With regards to H/9, it's implemented in the opposite way of the Solid Hits slider, or the Contact attribute on a batter. A higher H/9 rating means the batter is less likely to hit the ball solidly. They have less leeway on where the PCI can be while still hitting a line drive or hard fly ball. A low H/9 rating means your PCI can be slightly off the ball and you still have a good chance of hitting it well.