Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Who are the tallest players in the NFL/Madden? (/forums/showthread.php?t=547914)

PGaither84 04-17-2012 02:48 PM

Who are the tallest players in the NFL/Madden?

There have been some tall players in the NFL but most of the really tall guys play O or D Line.

How tall is Gronk? Isn't he like 6'7" or something?

Apparently, back in the day there was a receiver named Harold Carmichael who was 6'8" who played from '71 to '84.

Who is the tallest receiver/TE [or even better] CB you have seen in Madden and/or with hand crafted rookies?

azdawgpound 04-17-2012 03:11 PM

Re: Who are the tallest players in the NFL/Madden?

hes not in madden yet but the rookie qb from arizona state is 6'8,kellen davis te of bears is 6'7,bill te scott chandler is 6'7, steelers te leonard pope is 6'8 jared gaither t for chargers is 6'9. theres few others who are 6'8 but those are tallest in madden besides the olineman.

RedZoneD25 04-17-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGaither84 (Post 2043577947)
There have been some tall players in the NFL but most of the really tall guys play O or D Line.

How tall is Gronk? Isn't he like 6'7" or something?

Apparently, back in the day there was a receiver named Harold Carmichael who was 6'8" who played from '71 to '84.

Who is the tallest receiver/TE [or even better] CB you have seen in Madden and/or with hand crafted rookies?

Carmichael is currently the Director of Player Development for the Eagles, and was an absolute force in his playing days.

Tiny Smith-Deadrick was a WR in Madden 10 or 11, I forgot which, but he was 6'8. Note the subtle humor in his name.

TheNumber35 04-17-2012 07:57 PM

WR Ramses Barden on the Giants (or he used to be on the Giants) is in that 6'6'' to 6'8'' range, can't remember specifically but he was always a lanky redzone target to pickup in Madden.

DUDERMAN 04-17-2012 09:52 PM

Well since you already mentioned one eagle, I'll throw another out there.

King Dunlap, the Eagles backup OT is listed as 6-9 330. I was standing by him at the Eagles training camp 2 years ago. He is BIG dude.

[edit] A quick google search of "tallest player in nfl" lead me to this...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...-each-position

For those that don't want to follow the link, the tallest player in NFL history was...
OAK DT Richard Sligh who was listed at 7'0"

gjneff 04-17-2012 10:24 PM

In generated drafts I've seen multiple 6'11 receivers over the years. Most recently last year.

wallofhate 04-17-2012 10:45 PM

I know there are alot of tall off linemen. Robert gallery I think is 6'7 a de or dt from arizona (his name escapes me at the moment) is 6'9 if im not mistaken

KBLover 04-17-2012 11:35 PM

In Madden, I just saw a 6' 8" lineman. More than a few 6' 6" to 6' 8" guys in my franchise (just about all of them linemen).

Don't see a lot of tall WR, though.

I have TE on my team who is 6' 7", one of the few non-linemen that range in that height class.