Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2012 NFL Draft Thread. (/forums/showthread.php?t=548249)

ProfessaPackMan 04-19-2012 10:46 AM

2012 NFL Draft Thread.

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that the Colts have told Andrew Luck that they will take him with the No. 1 Pick, which means that the Redskins will most likely take Robert Griffin III with the No. 2 Pick unless for some reason they decide to **** that up and take a Kicker.

The Draft begins on Thursday, April 26.

TheNumber35 04-19-2012 11:08 AM

Re: 2012 NFL Draft Thread.

So since we're all under the impression that Washington will take RG3 2nd, what about Minnesota at 3?

There's been this assumption they take Kalil, I'm not so sure. They need a corner in the worst way, especially in that division with the other three teams featuring high octane passing offenses. And WR...don't even get me started on the lack of weapons for Ponder outside of Harvin at WR. I could just as easily see them taking Blackmon or Claiborne as I could Kalil. Thoughts?

Chrisksaint 04-19-2012 11:12 AM

Claiborne would be a great pick for MIN imo, but I see them going with trying to give Ponder protection as well as another blocker for AP.

Kriech23 04-19-2012 11:50 AM

I think they'll take Kalil as well, but I would seriously consider Blackmon.

Curahee 04-19-2012 12:50 PM

My next door neighbor Dennis Kelly (Purdue) is projected to go somewhere between 2nd & 7th round.

His biggest suitors are AZ, TB and PHI

TracerBullet 04-19-2012 02:05 PM

Hearing reports that RGIII has attitude problems today. Funny they show up now.

OSUFan_88 04-19-2012 02:49 PM

Minnesota is taking Kalil.

The real question is what are the Browns going to do. Blackmon would fill their biggest need, but he doesn't want to play in Cleveland, and he's not even the consensus #1 WR. Richardson is the most talented offensive player left, but he's a running back. Claiborne may be the best defensive player in the draft, but if there is one spot the Browns really DON'T need to draft, it's at Corner. Or they could surprise everyone and totally kill the entire fanbase and draft Tannehill. Or they could trade down, again, because someone blows them away with an offer.

Honestly, I am pretty confident they really want Richardson, would be satisfied with Claiborne, and could trade down. If I had to guess, they draft Richardson.

TracerBullet 04-19-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSUFan_88 (Post 2043585454)
Minnesota is taking Kalil.

The real question is what are the Browns going to do. Blackmon would fill their biggest need, but he doesn't want to play in Cleveland, and he's not even the consensus #1 WR. Richardson is the most talented offensive player left, but he's a running back. Claiborne may be the best defensive player in the draft, but if there is one spot the Browns really DON'T need to draft, it's at Corner. Or they could surprise everyone and totally kill the entire fanbase and draft Tannehill. Or they could trade down, again, because someone blows them away with an offer.

Honestly, I am pretty confident they really want Richardson, would be satisfied with Claiborne, and could trade down. If I had to guess, they draft Richardson.

Looks like they're very open to the trade idea. I'm guessing Richardson as well though. Seeing reports that Blackmon has slid down a little and might end up in Jacksonville at best. Also sounds like they aren't very high on Tannehill contrary to what everyone speculated.