Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports) (/forums/showthread.php?t=548626)

jpdavis82 04-21-2012 08:20 PM

NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports)

TSO's David Shad has posted his NCAA Football 13 hands-on impressions, from a recent community event he attended.

Below are a few things he mentions, click here to read the rest.

Quote:

• If the receiver doesn't see it he won't make the play—Same for the defense on ball play.
  • DB/WR interaction is great, very realistic, doesn’t stick like glue and run step for step with the receiver
  • OLine/DLine interaction is tuned (not overhauled). The offensive linemen extend and grab, slide accordingly as well with the defender. Great playaction play is back for ’13!
  • Neat and new team celebrations between plays...not just an individual anymore (seemed like only “team” celebrations were TD’s in ’12). Guys will hug and jump bump midair. Especially on big downs or plays.
  • Screens have been improved (slip, wide, and middle). The linemen react and block much better, and do an excellent job going down-field leading a back.
  • Good and accurate pocket depth/presence will be rewarded. If you are dropping back too deep the ball loses power and accuracy will be lost.

jpdavis82 04-21-2012 08:27 PM

Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports)

If you go to the link you can ask the guy who made this post any questions you may have regarding gameplay. Several questions are being asked and answered as we speak.

TripleCrown9 04-21-2012 08:44 PM

Excellent impressions, man. I am so excited for this game.

BlackBetty15 04-21-2012 08:55 PM

What about the penalty system...does pass interference work? How about intentional grounding and the other penalty sliders that have been broken for five years.

jfsolo 04-21-2012 09:03 PM

This is the best take that we've heard about gameplay since info started coming out. I already said in another thread that I was getting 13 for sure, despite the snafu's of last year. My guess is that most folks here, who get the game every year, will do so as well, even though they're skeptical, angry about 12, and upset about the long standing legacy issues.

Gotmadskillzson 04-21-2012 09:25 PM

Hmm......good read now to go over there and ask some questions.

Jr. 04-21-2012 09:29 PM

Great impressions. Sounds like the game is shaping up very well so far. But we've heard great impressions from these events before, so I'm still cautious

TDenverFan 04-21-2012 10:11 PM

He seemed to like the game a lot... Hoping this year'll be great!