Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Where are the doubles (/forums/showthread.php?t=549237)

Rdrunner 04-26-2012 02:24 PM

Where are the doubles

After going thru an entire spring training and now 21 games into the regular season I have seen a real lack of doubles. Most teams have as many HR's as doubles, but there is not one single team averaging close to 2 doubles a game. Most are barely, and I mean BARELY, over 1 per game.

I am playing as the Rangers and we have 24 doubles in 21 games, but 28 HR's.

When I have tried setting the baserunning up then the lack of doubles turns into an excess of triples. The OF/IF speeds are already set at "0". Baserunning aggression is at 65. OF arm has been set at anywhere from 50-80. Still, including spring training, we have gone about 50 games and no one is hitting doubles. In spring training we ended off with more triples than doubles, 16 triples and 12 doubles. The ratio is good now, 24 doubles and 6 triples. It just seems that there are no "hard" sounding hits except for the ones that go over the fence. Combine the weak hits with the grass slowing the ball down and very few ever reach the wall on the ground, which is bad since no one ever hits the wall, or even comes close, thru the air. All air balls that go that far go over, so I am hesitant to increase the power slider any more than it is.

So, any suggestions? This is really the only issue I haven't gotten right. All the other stuff seems to be working out great, both on the batting side and pitching side.

wudl83 04-26-2012 02:47 PM

Re: Where are the doubles

It also depends on what team you have selected. Rangers have so many power bats...

Yeats 04-26-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdrunner (Post 2043605886)
Where are the doubles

There's one!

Oops, there's another!!

:)

Yeats 04-26-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wudl83 (Post 2043605953)
Rangers have so many power bats...

Oh yeah oh yeah there's whole bunch of them right there!

Rdrunner 04-26-2012 03:16 PM

I also said the problem is league wide.....all teams are lacking doubles.

Yeats 04-26-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdrunner (Post 2043606035)

This is always an issue of debate, has been with The Show for years for example. All has to do with how you play and what your expectations for the game are. At any rate, there are a ton of variables: adjusting sliders to create slower outfielders or faster runners or weaker arms. Another possibility is raising pitch speed. Some around here claim the higher the pitch speed, the faster the ball leaves the bat and the further it travels. In theory, that would mean more balls rolling all the way to the wall and going for doubles. I also believe that raising the contact slider will increase ball trajectory, meaning you may see more balls reaching the wall without going over.

pistolpete 04-26-2012 04:18 PM

1. You'll probably never hit the ball over an OFs head. Accept this as Gospel.

2. Lower OF speed to 10 or even lower. Go ahead and do it for INF too.

wudl83 04-26-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdrunner (Post 2043606035)

I don't lack them. Wether from me, or the AI.