Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Wrestling (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   WWE Off-Topic (/forums/showthread.php?t=549832)

Bellsprout 04-30-2012 03:34 PM

WWE Off-Topic

We don't really have a thread for if you just happen to be watching a match, any match, and you have some sort of observation or random comment about it.

Anyways, I was watching Punk/Cena from MITB last year, and damn was Cena's reversal of the GTS into the STF cool. Also loved Punk's reversal of the AA, which was basically overflipping and landing on his feet. That match seriously never gets old. Amazing crowd, and the match lived up to it.

Also, what is it about Cena that makes people want to actually hit him (or in this case, knee him) in the face? Lesnar's been doing it, and Punk did it too. :lol:

Now I'm watching HHH/Taker from Wrestlemania XXVII. I feel like this match gets forgotten for some weird reason, because while it's not either HBK/Taker match, and it's not HHH/Taker III from this year, it's freaking awesome. Brutal match.

Also, I think Ditto guy is sitting in the front row for it. Which makes me chuckle.

Molarmite 04-30-2012 04:48 PM

Re: WWE Off-Topic

I think it's more Cena isn't afraid to take those hits and probably tells people beforehand that they can get one or two good shots on him in if they want.

Scruffychicken 04-30-2012 04:56 PM

Good thread idea. I remember ditto guy, but does anyone know what happened to Tie Dye guy (or am I thinking of the same person?)? lol

Also, just saw this grantland article comparing WWE to NBA.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-wwe-guide-nba

Chrisksaint 04-30-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molarmite (Post 2043618683)
I think it's more Cena isn't afraid to take those hits and probably tells people beforehand that they can get one or two good shots on him in if they want.

Wouldn't surprise me, he's taken some brutal shots throughout his career may have some something to do with his football days but either way he's seemingly not afraid to get dirty.

ILiveForThis 05-02-2012 11:41 AM

Anyone ever notice that Bret Hart always beat HBK UNTIL the Ironman match? The one that finally mattered.

Also, anyone notice how long it took Shawn to get to the top? Everyone always gets pissed about how long it takes for to people to be pushed. One of the best of all time took YEARS to get pushed.

Marino 05-02-2012 11:50 AM

Bret Hart was a jerk throughout that match too. HBK worked on his arm for almost 30 minutes and Bret would not sell it.

So, when the match was over, HBK told Bret to "get the **** out of my ring."

ILiveForThis 05-02-2012 12:22 PM

I've watched it multiple times, and to this day, it is the best match I've ever seen.

goh 05-02-2012 03:30 PM

I guess this goes here...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DzMjcvZjHuM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>