Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Playing on a 19-inch (360) or 32-inch (PS3) TV? (/forums/showthread.php?t=550924)

DJ 05-08-2012 12:48 AM

Playing on a 19-inch (360) or 32-inch (PS3) TV?

That's what I'm trying to decide right now. Yes, I know the 19-inch is small but A) it was a gift and B) the room it's in isn't really designed for a large TV.

I play NBA 2K and Tiger Woods on the 360 on it and have no issues. The only thing I worry about with football is that it may be hard to see receivers on deep passing routes, and the running game could be tougher as it may be a bit harder to see the holes in the offensive line.

I know the 360 has the slight graphical edge over the PS3. So, would you sacrifice the size of a TV for the better graphics on the 360, or go with the larger TV and slightly inferior graphics on the PS3?

Steelersfan85 05-08-2012 01:39 AM

Re: Playing on a 19-inch (360) or 32-inch (PS3) TV?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 2043643704)
That's what I'm trying to decide right now. Yes, I know the 19-inch is small but A) it was a gift and B) the room it's in isn't really designed for a large TV.

I play NBA 2K and Tiger Woods on the 360 on it and have no issues. The only thing I worry about with football is that it may be hard to see receivers on deep passing routes, and the running game could be tougher as it may be a bit harder to see the holes in the offensive line.

I know the 360 has the slight graphical edge over the PS3. So, would you sacrifice the size of a TV for the better graphics on the 360, or go with the larger TV and slightly inferior graphics on the PS3?

I use to play on a 19" TV and I had no issues with it. I was sitting about 2 and half to 3 feet from the TV so the size really didn't affect the gameplay at all. Just get if for whatever system you would rather play it on and don't let the TV affect the decision. You could always move consoles around to play on the larger TV.

SafetyGreen 05-08-2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

Do you really think the graphics on XBox are better?

SageWonder 05-08-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

1) Just move your systems around.

2) Get the PS3 version and enjoy equal-quality graphics as the xbox version, while playing on a bigger screen without having to swap your consoles around.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Playmakers 05-08-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SageWonder (Post 2043644410)
1) Just move your systems around.

2) Get the PS3 version and enjoy equal-quality graphics as the xbox version, while playing on a bigger screen without having to swap your consoles around.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't do this DJ....

Just wanted to give you the heads up

I'm going to be creating some incredible Historic rosters this year for the XBOX 360 version only.

Unless there's another guy who does these types of rosters for the PS3 which i'm not aware of the XBOX 360 will be the only system you can get the historic teams knowing your a big fan of those types things (Classic Rosters).

:y220b:

DJ 05-08-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmakers (Post 2043644953)
I wouldn't do this DJ....

Just wanted to give you the heads up

I'm going to be creating some incredible Historic rosters this year for the XBOX 360 version only.

Unless there's another guy who does these types of rosters for the PS3 which i'm not aware of the XBOX 360 will be the only system you can get the historic teams knowing your a big fan of those types things (Classic Rosters).

:y220b:

Well, this certainly makes my decision a lot easier.

Very glad to hear you will be doing Historic rosters for NCAA 13. Makes the game a must-own now.

Mods, feel free to lock this up.

m1ke_nyc 05-08-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SafetyGreen (Post 2043644047)
Do you really think the graphics on XBox are better?

Honestly they are, don't wanna start a console war though. I think it has something to do with the game being developed on the 360 and ported to the PS3. But its not that big of a graphical difference thats glaring. The 360 graphics just seem a little more bright and detailed.

SafetyGreen 05-08-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratedmoney (Post 2043645167)
Honestly they are, don't wanna start a console war though. I think it has something to do with the game being developed on the 360 and ported to the PS3. But its not that big of a graphical difference thats glaring. The 360 graphics just seem a little more bright and detailed.

That makes sense. I never thought the graphics were different but I thought if anything maybe the XBox was smoother if this makes sense. I'm still a PS3 guy because of the free online and controllers ha. No War.