Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers (/forums/showthread.php?t=551866)

msdm27 05-15-2012 07:07 PM

The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers

Man, all this talk and speculation about the big gameplay reveal on june 4th makes me feel like we've left franchise mode improvements behind :P Me personally, I'm somehow more interested in connected careers and all this implies (whatever it is) because I feel this is what really adds immersion/depth/re-playability to the game.

One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is whether we will have the ability to FULLY edit players (including incoming draft classes)... I believe this is deeply needed and would actually "eliminate" a lot of the complains EA faces every year, just because they'd be allowing the user to "fix" stuff as he pleases.

** I recall some GC mentioning something about knowing the answer to whether imported players equipment being fixed or not but he couldn't say anything because of the NDA... It made me think (hope) that somehow means either the problem is fully fixed or we'll just be able to edit such things ourselves.

What additions are u guys looking for on june 4th for franchise mode?

raguel 05-15-2012 07:14 PM

Re: The forgotten june 4th baby: Connected careers

I'm pretty sure last year the devs said UDFA signing will be under our control in the future, so I'm hoping that means Madden 13. :smile: I'd like improvements in the scouting system, but I suspect I will never be satisfied with scouting until I like the ratings system, so probably never.

I'd like to see more players progression wrt to traits, but what I really want more than anything at this point is documentation on what traits/player roles actually do, and how they are acquired, because it seems to be hit or miss.

RGiles36 05-15-2012 07:54 PM

You're right -- Connected Careers has fallen by the wayside in light of all the other speculation. It'll command its own attention come June 4th though, I assure you of that :).

xblake16x 05-15-2012 08:42 PM

I would like to see/read some franchise news. Such as players having actual emotions and interests outside of the game. Players should hold out, refuse to resign, etc. There should be a screen we can check to see the expectations of each player; some players expect to start, be a situational player, be a wideout/slot guy, feature back etc. If they are held to less than their respective roles they will be unhappy and refuse to resign or demand to be traded.

Anyways there is a ton of things that I would be looking for but not really expecting to be part of this years Madden. By no means is it a deal breaker, but players do need life outside of playing the game.

jeremym480 05-15-2012 08:53 PM

As long as part of Connected Careers means that everything that is available in offline franchise is now available in online franchise, then I'll be a happy camper.

:y6:

RedZoneD25 05-15-2012 08:59 PM

Forgotten? Speak for yourself.

msdm27 05-15-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedZoneD25 (Post 2043666647)
Forgotten? Speak for yourself.

^^^What is the purpose of this post? :brickwall
Some people seem to not know how to read or just like to post for the sake of it... "forgotten" is making reference to all the recent threads that have been entirely focused on the gameplay related announcement to come on june 4th.

Anyways, people who know how to read... please give input on whatcha expect for 'chise mode '13.

at23steelers 05-15-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdm27 (Post 2043666704)
^^^What is the purpose of this post? :brickwall
Some people seem to not know how to read or just like to post for the sake of it... "forgotten" is making reference to all the recent threads that have been entirely focused on the gameplay related announcement to come on june 4th.

Anyways, people who know how to read... please give input on whatcha expect for 'chise mode '13.

Exactly!! Who is this RedZone kid anyway giving you crap?? I think he's a newbie on here! I sure have never heard of him or seen him give any valuable input! ;)

Btw, any hints rgiles? I sure do like hints!!