Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Gary Thorne and Bill Clement again for NHL 13? (/forums/showthread.php?t=553442)

13whitebread 05-29-2012 08:31 AM

Gary Thorne and Bill Clement again for NHL 13?

I saw some news that Gary and Bill are coming back to do the game. Not to be negative but this unfortunately was a deal breaker for me. I will not be purchasing NHL 13. I really wish they would have listened to the fans and spent some extra money to overhaul this just my opinion of course but I will buy Madden this year but what a huge disappointment this is. I love hockey but those too have had a good run but its over will wait till next year. Where's Doc Emerick or Jim Hughson HELP we want something fresh!

savoie2006 05-29-2012 10:34 AM

Re: Gary Thorne and Bill Clement again for NHL 13?

Quote:

Originally Posted by derektown (Post 2043704692)
I saw some news that Gary and Bill are coming back to do the game. Not to be negative but this unfortunately was a deal breaker for me. I will not be purchasing NHL 13. I really wish they would have listened to the fans and spent some extra money to overhaul this just my opinion of course but I will buy Madden this year but what a huge disappointment this is. I love hockey but those too have had a good run but its over will wait till next year. Where's Doc Emerick or Jim Hughson HELP we want something fresh!

Jim Hughson was with the game most of last gen, no thanks. To not buy a game because of the commentary is ridiculous, especially to turn and around and buy Madden instead. Madden may have improved its commentary over last year or the year before, but that's not really saying much. Not to mention, this years sounds a bit robotic during gameplay. I'll take NHL anyday over Madden and just turn the commentary down, it's that easy.

Segagendude 05-29-2012 10:34 AM

Well it's not a deal breaker for me, but it is a letdown. Even though they claim there's some new lines, I too wanted Emrick.
Ah well...

Yeats 05-29-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derektown (Post 2043704692)

I really don't understand posts like this. The commentary -- which is very decent compared to other sports games BTW -- is WAY down the list of issues that need to be addressed with this series. If you're passing on the game because of the PBP announcers, that says more about you than the game I'm afraid.

Yeats 05-29-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savoie2006 (Post 2043704878)
Jim Hughson was with the game most of last gen, no thanks. To not buy a game because of the commentary is ridiculous. To not buy a game because of the commentary is ridiculous, especially to turn and around and buy Madden instead.

100% agree with all three of those comments. It's laughable to knock NHL's commentary as the reason to stop playing, and then say you're going to buy... gack... Madden instead. Madden's commentary is worse than awful, it's abysmal.

The_Kid77 05-29-2012 11:16 AM

TBH....I don't find them to be that bad, just the lines are getting a bit old now and could do with an overhaul. To not buy the game for that sole reason seems slightly harsh.

Broncos86 05-29-2012 11:27 AM

I can understand being disgusted with commentary like Madden 12's. I get that. But NHL 12's commentary was by no-means broken or terrible. It's simply stale.

Simple Mathematics 05-29-2012 11:48 AM

I'm not going to buy NHL 13 because some players have Warrior gloves. Absolute deal breaker for me...

On a serious note, really? The commentary will make you not buy the game?