Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   You are a cheeser if...... (/forums/showthread.php?t=55390)

sixfigure 10-10-2003 05:37 AM

You are a cheeser if......

I will start it off. Some of us dont know when we are cheesing. So let me add my 2 cents

You are cheesing if...
--you use the Dolfins and Ricky(or any RB ) is on Special Teams, and Touches the ball in some form or fashion every play.
--You play the same defense every play. Man up everyone and move LB right over top off center.
--Your whole offense consists of run right, run left, and your main formation is the jokers, elephant package.
--you are on the way to score with 2 minutes left and you fall short intentionally to run the clock
--you use the bloop kick on every kickoff. You know the one where if the receiving teams moves there man he automatically drops the ball.
-- You blitz every down.
-- You play 2pac and "Toss it uppp!"
-- not punting on 4th down on your side of the 50.

Chime in guys....I know things wont change but we all strive for true simulation. And for gamers who break this code of ethics, you are making a bad name for online play and forcing everyone to play against cpu.

DueceDiggla 10-10-2003 05:52 AM

Re: You are a cheeser if......

Blitzing every down, running the clock down within two minutes, running the same formation...

I wouldn't call those cheese plays. All you have to do is adjust and your opponent will be forced to adjust as well.

Erv 10-10-2003 06:06 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
sixfigure said:
I will start it off. Some of us dont know when we are cheesing. So let me add my 2 cents

You are cheesing if...

--You play the same defense every play. Man up everyone and move LB right over top off center.
.--you are on the way to score with 2 minutes left and you fall short intentionally to run the clock

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

these two are not cheese...people will use the second strategy against Brett Favre in real life, why give the other team more timeouts and time then they should have?

and if someone can't get passed man defense knowing it's man, they need to do some practicing.

sixfigure 10-10-2003 06:22 AM

I am ranked currently 67 last month I was 26. BUt to fall short intentionally has never been done in all my years of watching football games. And to play the exact same defense play in and play out is rather boring. Didnt say I could not beat the blitz just that facing it every down is rather boring. I can see while leading with less than 2 minutes you down the ball and run clock. But to have a TD at hand and turn around to get tackled is cheese my friend.

lordsin 10-10-2003 07:08 AM

If you didn't read my post about this.....

You are a cheeser if you change the camera angle on your opponent when they are on offense after they choose their play....That was unbelievable.

MVPlaya 10-10-2003 07:18 AM

So if you keep running its considered cheese?

sixfigure 10-10-2003 08:08 AM

Its not chees to run the majority of the time. But it is cheese when Ricky or eddie gets the ball on every play. And the only variation is toss right/left or sweep right/left. You know they will break one sooner or later no matter how good your defense is. If I hold tose guys to 80-90 yds I feel good, which is sad to say. If you are going to run every play at least show a little football wisdom by utilizing counters and traps. Any 10 year old can hold down the charge button and hit "Y" to get 3 or 4 yards. And in my view that is one heck of an avg. If you want to be considered a good football gamer in my book......then its about mixing it up and confusing defenses or disguising a coverage to get picks. No problem with blitzing to confuse offense but not every down. I personally love it when you guys use this tatic cause it leads to big gains. But people who do this cheese gameplay make interest for me last a short time. I have ran up against a few good gamers but 60% are glitch riders.

BigTigLSU 10-10-2003 08:18 AM

You use cheese if

you quit because how you play doesn't work.
You take advantage of glitches

You are cheap if

Run No huddle all game.
Move your players out of position like moving a DE all the way off screen.
Onside kick all game.

There is a difference between cheap and cheese. But when ever you play and you quit or Disconnect because your tactics don't work you definitely become a cheeser.

Everyone might no play the same but I have seen people call legit play cheese because they have their own set of rules for Straight play.

Some people believe not picking your play on defense till your opponent picks their play is cheese but thats what happens in real life. Some think throwing deep all game is cheese but look at the vikings. Running all game Dolphins and others do run the ball all game. Moving linebackers or safties up some think this is cheese.

These things are beatable if the person is using these things as his only weapon the questions is what do they do once you adjust and start winning if they quit then it was cheese.