Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   M13: Panthers uniforms... (/forums/showthread.php?t=555087)

CatMan72 06-07-2012 07:43 AM

M13: Panthers uniforms...

In the vids I've seen so far, there are some serious problems with the Panthers uniforms in M13.

In the pregame vid, the shoulder stripes on Cam's uniform and Chris Gamble's uniform appear to be more a part of the sleeve and it looks really odd when a player moves him arms. (see first set of screens below)

In the CC vid, it shows a Panthers player with the sleeveless look, but unlike last year and the year before, the size of the shoulder stripes is not reduced to make room for the logo on the sleeves to be displayed. (see second set of screens below with DeAngelo Williams)

EA had the Panthers uniforms perfect in M11 and M12... hoping this is just a WIP thing, but I'm getting nervous!

EDIT: Here are some screens I just captured showing examples of what is wrong with the full sleeves look:

Notice that in both pics, the back of the shoulder stripe is attached to the sleeve itself creating a really awkward effect when the player moves his arms... I'm going to be really shocked and disappointed if the game ships with such an obvious uniform flaw that did not exist in M12.

Here's another pic showing how the back of the shoulder stripe is a part of the sleeve:

I've seen pics of several Panthers players wearing the "new" Nike jerseys and I can tell you that the back of the shoulder stripe is not a part of the sleeve. All they need to do is make the shoulder stripes exactly like they were on the reebok jerseys in M12, the only change is that the stripe no longer wraps all the way around the shoulder (in the armpit) when the jersey has full sleeves.

Here's a screen showing the problem with the "sleeveless" look:

Notice that there is no longer any room for the Panthers logo to display on the sleeve. In M11 and M12, when you switched a Panthers player to sleeveless it would reduce the thickness of the shoulder stripe to shorter the sleeve so the logo still had room to be displayed just as IRL.

Here's how the sleeveless Nike jersey actually looks on DeAngelo:

They had this right in Madden 11 and 12, here's a screen showing how the "sleeveless" jersey looked in Madden 12 and how it should still look in Madden 13:

Understand that I play as the Panthers 99.9% of the time I play Madden, so when something is wrong with the uniforms it really eats away at me.

One more thing I would mention is that the collar seems to be way too wide, when you compare the in game screen of Cam to the real life picture of DeAngelo. The NFL logo is only attached to part of the collar in the real picture of DeAngelo, but it is almost enclosed by the collar in the in game screen of Cam. I suspect this has something to do with the fact that the Panthers opted out of the flywire collar.

In a recently released video showing all the uniform options for each team, I've also discovered that they have the colors of the shoulder stripes on the 2012 away uniform wrong... the stripes are supposed to be blue with a black border but the screenshot below shows they are black with a blue border:

Here's a pic showing the correct color scheme of the shoulder stripes on the white jersey for the new Nike uniforms (has not changed from last year):

AussieChiefsFan 06-07-2012 07:47 AM

Re: M13: Panthers uniforms...

I doubt itll be wrong in the final game.

R9NALD9 06-07-2012 08:22 AM

If you want to see wrong uniforms...check out the 49ers uniforms. The helmet is way off as well as the strips on their pants look horrible.

I can only hope and pray that they fix it before release!

WatShot 06-07-2012 08:56 AM

Do remember that Nike did take over and they could have changed the design for teams...do don't be quick to judge the unis until their wrong in-game

Stampede_94 06-07-2012 01:33 PM

I wish you guys the best on this. It's tough seeing things like this in game that should be 100% accurate.

CatMan72 06-07-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampede_94 (Post 2043740765)
I wish you guys the best on this. It's tough seeing things like this in game that should be 100% accurate.

Thanks, I worked so hard to get EA to fix the mishandling of the shoulder stripes in previous versions of Madden, that I was always afraid that someday it would regress... from what I've seen in the E3 vids, it hasn't only regressed from where we were in M10, it's actually gotten worse.... :(

To ship this game with such an obvious uniform problem, after they had already fixed the problem in M11 and M12 would be mind-boggling. Especially when the guy who wears the messed up uniform was the runner-up in the cover vote.

They took the time to do a great job of replicating his face, but how useful is that if the uniforms are obviously messed up?

CatMan72 06-07-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatShot (Post 2043739827)
Do remember that Nike did take over and they could have changed the design for teams...do don't be quick to judge the unis until their wrong in-game

I get what you're saying, but see the pics I just added to my OP... it's much more then just the result of the change over to Nike.

JohnDoe8865 06-07-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatMan72 (Post 2043740976)
I get what you're saying, but see the pics I just added to my OP... it's much more then just the result of the change over to Nike.

Have you tweeted the devs to make sure that they are aware? I've seen others (including pastapadre) tweeting them about stadium errors, uniform errors, etc.