Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Donnie Avery (/forums/showthread.php?t=555097)

bsurocksrule 06-07-2012 10:26 AM

Donnie Avery

Have you guys had him before? I've tried to trade for him but teams wouldn't let me. I've never thought about drafting him. He has 99 and 100 ratings for speed and acceleration ratings, but how does he hold up offensively? Is he what those ratings say about him or is he another ***?

globespanner 06-07-2012 04:29 PM

Re: Donnie Avery

Avery is OK. Can be drafted in Early second round. He has speed and acceleration and good hands. also will score td's on returns

Normally available in 2010 or 2011 as a free agent with about a 70 rating. He never really improves but i like to pick him up and use him as a 4-5th receiver and kick returner. he is good vlue there and will sign for 600-700K per year

TheGuyBrian 06-07-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globespanner (Post 2043741559)
Avery is OK. Can be drafted in Early second round. He has speed and acceleration and good hands. also will score td's on returns

Normally available in 2010 or 2011 as a free agent with about a 70 rating. He never really improves but i like to pick him up and use him as a 4-5th receiver and kick returner. he is good vlue there and will sign for 600-700K per year

I managed to draft him in the mid 2nd with DeSean Jackson. He was a solid #2 receiver for me, but topped out at about 87 (Potential of 90), never really dominated on the field though.

Byron Yatch 06-07-2012 07:52 PM

Donnie Avery is a dynamite (SPEED WR PHILOSOPHY) slot receiver/returner(both). He's a mix between Steve Smith(carolina panthers) and Devin Hester type player. He can catch(though not as consistent as smith, more like hester), he can run, and he can do reverses and options if your playbook has them or if you steal them.

Depending on how Free Agency plays out, and if teams make a lot of trades, Avery goes by the 5th pick of the 2nd round(usually first pick in the 2nd(rams)). He can slip deeper into the 2nd and possible early 3rd if you never scout him, but not sure on that. Always save before the draft if there's someone you NEED to have.

He's worth it if you plan on going with a taller set of wrs on the outside. Ie if you start as the lions with calvin johnson and roy williams at 1 and 2. He can play 1 or 2 but he's best in the 3 or 4 spot.

Sanchez_Mareno 06-07-2012 08:47 PM

I prefer DeSean Jackson

bsurocksrule 06-07-2012 11:38 PM

Just curious, would you guys or anyone take him over Flash Gordon, who has 99 speed and 99 acceleration? Or should I stick with Avery if I get him?

Byron Yatch 06-08-2012 12:35 AM

Depends on if you need a #1 receiver or if you already have 2 starting wrs. If you need a #1 thats flash gordon. If you can deal with the multitude of other probowl wrs you can draft, get avery for the slot and get some big wrs to put at the 1 and 2.

Flash is 6'5 Donnie is like 511 I think? Flash is gonna cost a lot more as he will usually need to be picked in the top 5 pretty much, especially if you scout him.

I prefer taller wrs cause it makes it easier for my qbs so I would choose the Flash. Ya gotta be careful not to get too many early first round picks though cause they cost so much each year...

msuboy11 06-09-2012 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron Yatch (Post 2043743601)
Depends on if you need a #1 receiver or if you already have 2 starting wrs. If you need a #1 thats flash gordon. If you can deal with the multitude of other probowl wrs you can draft, get avery for the slot and get some big wrs to put at the 1 and 2.

Flash is 6'5 Donnie is like 511 I think? Flash is gonna cost a lot more as he will usually need to be picked in the top 5 pretty much, especially if you scout him.

I prefer taller wrs cause it makes it easier for my qbs so I would choose the Flash. Ya gotta be careful not to get too many early first round picks though cause they cost so much each year...

Ya and flash is injury prone I think! I've never had that draft class, but the strategy guide says he's injury prone. Avery has lays been a consistent playmaker for me. Hes never been one to just take over games, but he can make good plays, and I haven't had him drop a lot of balls!