Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K13 E3 Preview (/forums/showthread.php?t=555110)

RaychelSnr 06-07-2012 11:59 AM

NBA 2K13 E3 Preview

Erick Boenisch, producer for NBA 2K13, recently gave us a hands-off preview of things to come. While we were shown a small sample size, I spotted a few good nuggets.

Some of you may notice, from time to time when player animations quickly transition into other animations, the player sort of looks robotic or maybe even warp into other players or objects. You see this when players go from a basketball move to a celebration, for example. This is referred to as an Ambient Animation. 2K Sports says they have worked very hard on removing those odd animations to make them look more realistic.

While briefly showing off some gameplay, here are a few things I noticed in a game between a user controlled Miami Heat and an AI San Antonio Spurs squad.

Read More - NBA 2K13 E3 Preview

kai123 06-07-2012 12:06 PM

All Star Weekend implemented into Association/My Player modes?! I'm Sold

chi_hawks 06-07-2012 12:07 PM

thanks for the update. about what I expected. Hope they can tone down the sliding....drove me absolutely nuts in 2k12. same with the fast breaks. nothing like see perkins chase down (and catch) Drose to ruin a game.

2k13 is going to be solid....looking forward to it.

gharp14 06-07-2012 12:08 PM

really changes my opinion on this since it's confirmed you can use it in other game modes. Really is gonna add a new layer of fun for my player and association.

deetoman 06-07-2012 12:09 PM

Ok so I guessing the big thing for 2K this year will be DLC for the game, since I am guessing without the DLC ASW package I wont be able to play it My Player or Association....

hashbrownx24 06-07-2012 12:12 PM

Do you know if that goes for Online Association as well for the allstar DLC?

VDusen04 06-07-2012 12:13 PM

Re: NBA 2K13 E3 Preview

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetoman (Post 2043740371)
Ok so I guessing the big thing for 2K this year will be DLC for the game, since I am guessing without the DLC ASW package I wont be able to play it My Player or Association....

This may be splitting hairs, but technically it's add-on content, not DLC. Which means, it doesn't initially come with any additional cost (similar to the '91 Warriors and '02 Kings that were given to those who pre-ordered or acquired 2K during its first shipment).

Overall, I agree with your sentiment though, I feel something that's a part of the NBA should undoubtedly be a part of NBA2K without necessitating an add-on, DLC, or whatever else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kai123 (Post 2043740364)
All Star Weekend implemented into Association/My Player modes?! I'm Sold

I'll say, that's a pleasant surprise. With the mode supposedly not being available to all users, I had a difficulty believing it'd be implemented in any other modes. On one hand, it sort of lightens the blow of the dunks being activated by Guitar Hero controls. On the other hand, the fact the dunk contest is implemented into Associations and My Player only further disappoints me that it has horrible controls. As in, it'd be so cool to participate in a mid-season dunk contest, if you were actually controlling what your player was doing.

TreyIM2 06-07-2012 12:17 PM

"I've personally hated isomotion for years." - Ya don't say. I've ALWAYS hated them but the rest of the game is so good that I just tolerate them.

Mike, my buva, bring over what u did with Live 10's controls, PLEASE, if u can!! GIVE US FREE!! I mean, give us an option :D