Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 13 finally like Head Coach (/forums/showthread.php?t=555404)

Mauler97 06-09-2012 03:11 PM

Madden 13 finally like Head Coach

I'm actually excited for this years Madden. I see so many similarities to Head Coach which IMO is the best football game EA has ever made.

The draft is going to be awesome!

briz1744 06-09-2012 06:23 PM

Re: Madden 13 finally like Head Coach

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauler97 (Post 2043748590)
I'm actually excited for this years Madden. I see so many similarities to Head Coach which IMO is the best football game EA has ever made.

Agreed on all counts , disappointed to lose so much control to get this tho. Hopefully this will be rectified in M14

Yeah...THAT Guy 06-09-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauler97 (Post 2043748590)

Agreed and I can't wait for it. Interested to see the change to free agency though, because I thought the system in HC was pretty cool, except I wish we could pick the order the free agents can up in in that game. I also wish the contracts were done the same way in M13 as they were in HC

dman08 06-09-2012 06:33 PM

For so long I thought i was the only fan of head coach 09. I'm normally the guy who controls his players and play the traditional madden style but i played head coach for so long bcuz i enjoyed the strategy and mechanics of the game. A great simulation and since then I have been a big fan of josh Looman. They brought him aboard the madden team 2 years ago but kind of hindered his ideas by incorporating their own. Now it seems he has full control over what he wants to install. I think people will be in for a big surprise with this new career mode. I'm personally hoping to start a league with coaches only and where u only call plays. This will bring 2 football minds together for where the key will be in game adjustments and strategy as compared to guys finding glitches that game yesterday couldn't find and milking those. I wanted head coach to have an online franchise so bad and now I can finally enjoy this in madden 13.

azdawgpound 06-09-2012 06:48 PM

so coach mode u have no controls? u just bascially let the cmp play and u just call the plays? just curious about that mode i heard alot about head coach and a person i know really likes it if so i'll tell him about it and maybe he'll get madden 13 since he liked head coach so much.

CM Hooe 06-09-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azdawgpound (Post 2043749215)
so coach mode u have no controls? u just bascially let the cmp play and u just call the plays? just curious about that mode i heard alot about head coach and a person i know really likes it if so i'll tell him about it and maybe he'll get madden 13 since he liked head coach so much.

No.

If you play as a head coach in Connected Career modes, you call the plays, control the players on the field, make roster moves, sign free agents, choose draft picks, and so forth.

It may be possible to opt out of controlling the players, but it is by no means required. Such an option might be labeled "Coach Mode"; I may have misinterpreted your question.

dman08 06-09-2012 07:00 PM

No. Picking a coach will allow u to play the traditional way where u do control the players on the field. However, there will be options that allow u to just call plays on the field and let the CPU run them

Errors Occurred 06-09-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dman08 (Post 2043749253)
No. Picking a coach will allow u to play the traditional way where u do control the players on the field. However, there will be options that allow u to just call plays on the field and let the CPU run them

I really had fun doing this in HC09 but it did get old fast...I don't believe I did a full season before I just started to sim pass the game.