Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   NHL 13 Interview with Associate Producer Ben Ross (GamingIllustrated) (/forums/showthread.php?t=557506)

Steve_OS 06-25-2012 01:27 PM

NHL 13 Interview with Associate Producer Ben Ross (GamingIllustrated)

GamingIllustrated has posted their NHL 13 interview with Associate Producer, Ben Ross.

Quote:

GI: How dynamic is this AI in this year’s edition? Is it going to be–if I have a set play or I have a method that really is working for me in the first and second period, is that defense going to adjust in the third period, and is that going to carry game-to-game?

Ben Ross: If you’re playing against the AI you’re going to see a huge leap. We actually spent more time this year than the last three years combined on AI, so you’ll have a lot of help from your teammates I find myself when I play, I’m sticking as the one player as opposed to switching all the time because I can really trust them. You’ll also see them adjust throughout the game, so they may start out in the 1-3-1, but if they find that they’re not able to clog the zone like they want to and you’re getting are real dump and chase game going, they’ll switch it up. You’ll get a lot of different looks, which will keep the strategy changing. Like I say, it’s sort of that cat-and-mouse game, the pros and cons, and you’ll find that it really puts you to the test regardless.

MizzouRah 06-25-2012 02:10 PM

Re: NHL 13 Interview with Associate Producer Ben Ross (GamingIllustrated)

That's great to hear.

jonapaloma 06-25-2012 02:42 PM

Nothing in the article that hasn't been said before.

jesushaxyou 06-25-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonapaloma (Post 2043801722)
Nothing in the article that hasn't been said before.

Truth, but it's still nice to have it said again and again. Nice little reinforcement.

jhendricks316 06-25-2012 11:24 PM

"We actually spent more time this year than the last three years combined on AI..."

SHOULDN'T THIS SENTENCE RAISE EYEBROWS?

gopher_guy 06-25-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhendricks316 (Post 2043803746)
"We actually spent more time this year than the last three years combined on AI..."

It should, and has...

RealmK 06-26-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhendricks316 (Post 2043803746)

The thing here though, is in them saying that, repeatedly at that. The AI better be something special or I think alot of folks just won't buy in next year. They did in alot of ways neglect the offline/GM player a bit for a few years there getting EASHL off the ground. It was due time for the GM guys to get a little love.

JezFranco 06-26-2012 05:38 AM

The thing is with that quote though is that you don't know if they mean they've worked really hard this year, or if they really didn't do **** the last 3 years.