Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   No motivation? (/forums/showthread.php?t=559793)

Kurt l o l 07-10-2012 01:07 PM

No motivation?

I have absolutely no motivation to start a career right now...

I guess what I am asking for is some help to find the right career for me in which I go get into the deeper years without quitting...

I need a team that is bad but not BAD BAD, if that makes sense.. A team that can compete for a wild card spot in the second year possibly...

A playbook which focus's on running the rock but also has a good passing variety..

A defensive playbook which is 'balanced'.. Cover 2, cover 3, zone blitz, man blitz, man coverage etc...

Can anybody help me out?

leoribas3 07-10-2012 03:49 PM

Re: No motivation?

panthers (?)

Kurt l o l 07-11-2012 10:36 AM

Can you give me some more info on them?

Thx

Aurabolt127 07-12-2012 02:31 AM

I suppose the biggest question is how much rebuilding you want to do and how you want to rebuild - FA or Draft.

If you want a team you don't have to do much to in order to compete early, I always liked the Titans and Eagles - both teams have a couple areas that need help (Titans running game and wideouts, for example) and a tough enough team in their division to make it a challenge.

If you want a team you really need to rebuild, but need to be able to do it in a year or two in order to compete early - a team like Seattle or San Fran works because the division is weak enough that even if you strip the team minus a couple good players, you should be able to stay in the thick of it.

The biggest decision is free agency or draft rebuilds... generally you can get some good bargains in FA regardless of position - but in essence your rebuild will depend on your playbook and how much of an overhaul you need to make.

I don't want to give you too many ideas without knowing more of what you want - otherwise there's no sense in you playing if I tell you who I'd get and why and for what philosophy (unless you wanted me to) but two examples would be

Go with the Titans and use the Pistol with Vince Young. I'd then go with a guy like Ray Rice and keep a power back like LenDale White too. I'd stay with a strong 4-3 like the Jags D or Bengals D (but I like Ds that have a high blitz/man count or at least pretty high)

Another option is to go with Washington. Again, I love the players you can get in the second round of the draft on the cheap, and the team has enough talent to contend in the first year, or definitely the second, for a wild card with a decent draft and a couple FA signings. Again, the division is tough enough that the challenge falls more on the GM side of the game, esp with some of the higher priced guys on the team.

Well, if there's anything more specific or you were thinking in a different direction, let me know - otherwise -good luck - be interested to see what you end up doing.

I seem to never get tired of this game. I wish they had combined a few more of the elements from the first head coach - but...oh well. My next franchise I'll probably take one of the big ones like Indy and see if I can survive getting rid of Manning, for example.

Kurt l o l 07-12-2012 02:03 PM

I pm'd you.