Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Practice Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=560099)

spydervenom 07-11-2012 10:54 AM

Practice Mode

The first thing I do on each new NCAA game is go play a game with my favorite team (WVU) but the second thing I do is go into practice mode and just sit and practice plays for hours. I could sit there and play practice mode the first week and not play 1 game and be happy.

Anyone else sit in practice mode for long periods of time and see what plays work best for you and your team? I really enjoy doing it.

beauforsure 07-11-2012 10:58 AM

Re: Practice Mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by spydervenom (Post 2043859339)
The first thing I do on each new NCAA game is go play a game with my favorite team (WVU) but the second thing I do is go into practice mode and just sit and practice plays for hours. I could sit there and play practice mode the first week and not play 1 game and be happy.

Anyone else sit in practice mode for long periods of time and see what plays work best for you and your team? I really enjoy doing it.

I tried it for the 1st time last night , it was cool cuz theres no pressure of a "game" situation , but i got bored pretty fast... if ur trying to perfect plays then id use it. but most have perfected there plays already over about 4 years worth of Ncaa..:smirk:

firesloth 07-11-2012 11:01 AM

I wish there was a way to have the CPU run a practice script for you, as it does in RtG. Changing plays and getting everything set up is clunky.

aspengc8 07-11-2012 11:03 AM

I could never understand why the NCAA series doesnt allow you to practice vs random defenses. You can in madden, but not NCAA???

spydervenom 07-11-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspengc8 (Post 2043859390)
I could never understand why the NCAA series doesnt allow you to practice vs random defenses. You can in madden, but not NCAA???

You can, but you have to choose a specific defensive formation. You can't just tell it to pick random formations and random plays. You choose 4-3 and then you can say "random" plays within that formation. I wish you could do random plays through all formations but you can't. Pretty lame.

spydervenom 07-11-2012 11:06 AM

Yea I normally just start running plays that I know worked well for me in the past year and then I just go from there

bc3po 07-11-2012 12:34 PM

i mainly use it just to check out whats new

superjames1992 07-11-2012 12:38 PM

On last-gen NCAA, I would play practice mode for hours and hours. But, on this gen, they took away the ability to randomize the play/formation selections for the offense and the defense (or both)........