Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Instant replays on ice. (/forums/showthread.php?t=560136)

rico526 07-11-2012 01:04 PM

Instant replays on ice.

I've read quite a bit of the impressions thread and haven't seen anything mentioned. Have any of you noticed the instant replays seem like they are ice skating? The gameplay animations are great but the instant replays seem like the players don't have any gravity effecting them. I don't remember this in 12. It doesn't happen on every replay and it's not a gamebreaker but it does take away quite a but of the presentation for me.

Sent from my Photon4G using Tapatalk 2

joebus 07-11-2012 01:10 PM

Re: Instant replays on ice.

I'm having the same problem. Its getting annoying but its not a big deal

NEOPARADIGM 07-11-2012 01:26 PM

Result > animation.

Would be better if the physics were spot-on, obviously, but this series has always had warping and skating. Just accept the result of the play instead of how it looks and it won't be as bothersome.

*shrug*

simfballcritic 07-11-2012 01:39 PM

I've seen it, my guess is that it's a framerate issue in Instant Replay.

War34Eagle 07-11-2012 01:41 PM

Same issue, but it's every replay. Only affects whichever player is highlighted in the replay, and they only take on step every 10-15 yards. Not a huge deal, since it's only in replay, but I would expect this to be patched at some point or another

wcreecy 07-11-2012 01:49 PM

Speaking of replays...where do you turn them off?

jmik58 07-11-2012 01:59 PM

There is no foot-planting. What you see are limbs that move to simulate what the animation is trying to accomplish. The skating/sliding is happening live as well. You'll see a QB move three yards laterally with a single step or a ball carrier slide several feet to line up a "cut" animation. It will be interesting to see how much of that, if any, is different in Madden with the implementation of physics.

Ge1dertron 07-11-2012 02:02 PM

Why can I not get any semblance of focus on replay? Everything is blurred out. Is this a tuner issue? Motion blur issue?