Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   What sliders do summary (/forums/showthread.php?t=561002)

Oraeon1224 07-13-2012 10:38 PM

What sliders do summary

After labbing for a while and adjusting player ratings to see how this interacts I have found that sliders actually adjust the values of CPU and human players. As a slider is raised it likley adds a bonus to the CPU statistics and as lowered a bonus to player statistics (or a penalty, it is impossible to tell). This is a summary of what roster statistics they seem to effect:

QB accuracy: Adjusts both Arm power and accuracy (please EA separate this). Does not effect pass coverage in any way or QB decision making as far as I can tell (Heisman does seem to boost this somewhat). If set too low results in weak deep passes.

Pass blocking: Adjust the interaction of Pass block vs power move--i.e. the bull-rush. If favoring the offense then they don't fall down and stop their defenders bull rush. If favoring defense they knock down lineman and get to the quarterback faster. Mostly effects the effectiveness of defensive tackles.

WR catching: Effects Catch, and maybe CIT

RB Ability: Boosts all running back statistics including speed, acceleration,power, carry and vision. Results in more broken takles if high and more fumbles if low. Watch how slow the RB gets if set to 40 or less and how fast if set to >60.

Run blocking: Controls interaction of run blocking and block shedding (didn't you wonder how this differed from power move and finese move, now you know they are used on passes only). This results in pancake blocks if favoring the offense and resulting in downfield blocks (i.e. real reason for big run plays in football) if high and results in blown blocks if low--unfortunately a bit too effective at 55 (when will EA give us total slider control).

Pass coverage: Does not effect speed, acceleration or other statistics. It appears ot control the interaction of route running vs Man/Zone defense. This slider has no impact whatsoever on deep routes, only on hooks, outs, and slants.

Pass rush: Controls the interaction of pass block vs finese move (not block shedding) which primarily effects the effectiveness of the swim move used by blitzers and defensive ends. A higher value results in more DE and blitz sacks. While a lower setting reduces these types of sacks.

Interception: Seems to effect only the actual interception of a pass and not any sort of coverage. If low defenders drop easy picks.

Rushing defense: Seems to primarily effect the play recognition and pursuit statistics. I am not sure what this interacts with on offense, but it doesn't appear to be awareness. This results in more effective option plays, counters, and draws. When very low option plays are frighteningly effective for the CPU as they always bite on the wrong player.

Tackling: Controls interaction between tackling and break tackle, with obvious results. I can't tell if it effects juke and other moves.

Kicking sliders are self evident.

CSA1864 07-14-2012 02:54 AM

Re: What sliders do summary

This incite is very interesting. Thanks for the write-up.

miamikb2001 07-14-2012 10:01 AM

Nice write-up

tpain2345 07-14-2012 01:24 PM

I don't really know much about sliders so I have a question, are all these topics for Heisman and All-American only? as in what would happen if I used Hartstopper's Heisman sliders on All-American?

I don't really like to play long games, usually prefer 5-6 minute qtrs on AA and I'm having trouble finding a decent set

JoedicyMichael 07-14-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpain2345 (Post 2043875978)
I don't really know much about sliders so I have a question, are all these topics for Heisman and All-American only? as in what would happen if I used Hartstopper's Heisman sliders on All-American?

It applies to Any difficulty you are playing on.

cbc72 07-14-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpain2345 (Post 2043875978)

I don't really like to play long games, usually prefer 5-6 minute qtrs on AA and I'm having trouble finding a decent set

You will not want to use sliders made for one difficulty on another. The sliders are specifically meant to work with that difficulty.

What the above post means is that if you set sliders on AA and change to heisman they will stay the same.

stamnes 07-15-2012 12:35 PM

Question...

When moving the sliders I am confused. Say for pass coverage the lower the number the WORSE they are at responding and the HIGHER the number is they respond better?

cbc72 07-16-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamnes (Post 2043880088)
Question...

When moving the sliders I am confused. Say for pass coverage the lower the number the WORSE they are at responding and the HIGHER the number is they respond better?

Yes. That is correct.