Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Road to Glory issues.. (/forums/showthread.php?t=561146)

tedgioia 07-14-2012 03:08 PM

Road to Glory issues..

I mean EA can't be serious with this game right? You cannot earn coach trust points if you're playing on all-american or heisman. It will take away 100 points for an interception and gives like 25 for a long touchdown. SO ridiculous I'm an experienced player and still haven't gotten past third string halfway through the second season.. PATCH NEEDED

JoedicyMichael 07-14-2012 03:22 PM

Re: Road to Glory issues..

Ive heard that playing QB is pretty hard on RTG. But it is in real life also. I just think the reward points should be a lil bit more. The fault system should be tweaked juz a lil bit cuz somethings shouldnt fall entirely on you.

But on another note, just saddle up and play the game. Try smarter not harder. You should be atleast the 2nd string in the 2nd season at most. Somethings gotta shake my friend, figure out what it is and exploit it. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT:wink:

tedgioia 07-14-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael (Post 2043876421)
Ive heard that playing QB is pretty hard on RTG. But it is in real life also. I just think the reward points should be a lil bit more. The fault system should be tweaked juz a lil bit cuz somethings shouldnt fall entirely on you.

But on another note, just saddle up and play the game. Try smarter not harder. You should be atleast the 2nd string in the 2nd season at most. Somethings gotta shake my friend, figure out what it is and exploit it. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT:wink:

This is a better mindset to have, thank you. Still hope a patch comes to fix the reward points a little bit

TeamHawkins 07-14-2012 03:33 PM

No the game is terrible like he said. I'm playing as a DB, and my player refuses to jump for a ball. REFUSES!! How many times must I be in position for an interception only to have him stand there? While I'm bashing every button imaginable?

This is what people need to realize about this company. In order for their gimmicks to work, they have to water down something already in the game. So they screwed up Defensive Back programming to make the *Trajectory* gimmick work. My DB literally gets slowed down on numerous occasions, especially late in the 2nd or late in the 4th quarters just for receivers to get open or make a catch.

And how many times during one game must I get pushed in the back? I'm 4 yards in front of a CPU player, only to watch them race ahead and push me in the back for a block. What happened to *Illegal Block In The Back?*

This game is starting to look horrible like last year's horror fest.

JoedicyMichael 07-14-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamHawkins (Post 2043876472)
No the game is terrible like he said. I'm playing as a DB, and my player refuses to jump for a ball. REFUSES!! How many times must I be in position for an interception only to have him stand there? While I'm bashing every button imaginable?

Well the Jump rating for DB's are pretty terrible. However, Im not having a hard time playing DB at all. While I didnt have any INT's in my Freshman season, I realized when I did have a chance at the INT's, i was too far back. Plus, in order for you to catch a pick on a jump ball, you need to be positions squarely with the circle. (As in the Bottom right/left corner). Combine that with your DB's Rating at Jump/Catch/Awareness and your own timing and you might possible get a pic. Other than that, better off trying to catch one on the fly. (Breaking Stop Routes/Cutting Ins&Outs)

TeamHawkins 07-14-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael (Post 2043876502)
Well the Jump rating for DB's are pretty terrible. However, Im not having a hard time playing DB at all. While I didnt have any INT's in my Freshman season, I realized when I did have a chance at the INT's, i was too far back. Plus, in order for you to catch a pick on a jump ball, you need to be positions squarely with the circle. (As in the Bottom right/left corner). Combine that with your DB's Rating at Jump/Catch/Awareness and your own timing and you might possible get a pic. Other than that, better off trying to catch one on the fly. (Breaking Stop Routes/Cutting Ins&Outs)

Nice attempt little guy but I'm GREAT at playing DB because over the years it's practically all I play in RTG, even dating back to NFL 2K5 and the 3rd Person View I played DB. Even back in Tecmo Bowl I would create a DB it's what I do.

All that you said was cute, but does not apply. The game controls are broken plain and simple. I've had multiple balls thrown in the flats where I've had the greatest position you can EVER have as a DB to take it to the house only to have him stand there and do nothing.

Once again this is due to the fact they've watered down the controls, and DB reactions, so their trajectory gimmick can succeed. If you play DB like you claim there is no way you can deny this fact. It doesn't matter I'll be doing a video review where it WON'T be denied.

Tyler_Bullard 07-14-2012 04:24 PM

I also hate when you get sacked you lose points it's like the computer nano blitzes you in practice.

Kevin1177 07-16-2012 01:07 AM

The feature in 2K5 was first person, not third, and also I'm pretty sure you couldnt create players in tecmo bowl...just sayin.