Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   As LE, how do you disengage on rushing plays? (/forums/showthread.php?t=561193)

nuschler22 07-14-2012 06:00 PM

As LE, how do you disengage on rushing plays?

It's almost impossible. I'm using a 99 rated LE, but can't disengage on a simple rushing play. I'm blocked 5 yards upfield almost every time.

Can't disengage at all.

fjackson18 07-14-2012 10:05 PM

Re: As LE, how do you disengage on rushing plays?

Million dollar question. i swear if the CPU ran draws all day they would run for 500 yds cause my linemen and DBs never break off the blocks

TeamHawkins 07-15-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fjackson18 (Post 2043878149)
Million dollar question. i swear if the CPU ran draws all day they would run for 500 yds cause my linemen and DBs never break off the blocks

Took me awhile to figure this one out too thanks to no booklet in the box! If you're using PS3 then it's the right analog. You hit it left or right depending on which way you choose to swim move.

NOTE! There is a stipulation. If you are winning big, or the CPU needs a drive using this will trigger a 90% of the time pancake during the CPU God mode. So as long as the game is close or you're down or up by a slim margin, it works.

Also if you are using a DB vs a lineman, it rarely works and usually you're pancaked.

Hope this helps.

MacDiiddy 07-15-2012 04:46 AM

The above post about the analog stick is technically correct. But in reality the line play is broken in addition there is no physics engine and ratings dont mean jack.

The oline dline interaction needs a major major overhaul. but we all knew this, and knew they didnt touch it this year. No one on the o line can scoop block to save their lives. the QB could be right behind you and somehow you still cant turn around and tackle him because you are engaged . Its a bit ridiculous.

nuschler22 07-15-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacDiiddy (Post 2043879309)
The above post about the analog stick is technically correct. But in reality the line play is broken in addition there is no physics engine and ratings dont mean jack.

The oline dline interaction needs a major major overhaul. but we all knew this, and knew they didnt touch it this year. No one on the o line can scoop block to save their lives. the QB could be right behind you and somehow you still cant turn around and tackle him because you are engaged . Its a bit ridiculous.

Thanks. I know about the swim move (and all the other moves), it just won't activate on rushing plays. I have 17 sacks so far with this DE through game 8 (he's 99 rated), but I don't think I've brought down one running back.

TheVinylHippo 07-15-2012 07:10 AM

My advice would be to get off easy button mode and stop being a lame. Get off the DE.

nuschler22 07-15-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo (Post 2043879394)
My advice would be to get off easy button mode and stop being a lame. Get off the DE.

How is playing a DE easy button mode?

How about minding your own business or posting constructively?

xcrushx 07-15-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo (Post 2043879394)

He was asking a fair question. There's no need to be a dick.