Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Cheda's "equal based" AutoPass AA Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=561624)

Chedapalooza 07-16-2012 03:26 PM

Cheda's "equal based" AutoPass AA Sliders for stats

The goal of these sliders is to create statistically and visually realistic gameplay. To achieve this, the majority of sliders must be left at default to keep the players ratings meaningful. The only changes made are to allow the statistics or gameplay to turn out more realistic in the end.

*Important for these sliders*
-TUNER ON (AFTER GOING BACK AND FORTH, I DECIDED TUNER IS BEST ON)
- tested in dynasty only

Yes, AA is too easy if you have good stick skills and completely user control. That is why i have developed house rules that *work for me* yet do not detract from the excitement or realism of the game and college football. They are:

-auto pass on (user can scramble/throw ball away if feeling pressure)- makes your qb ratings matter! no human control=unpredictability, less stupid human int's and skewed stats! some games your qb will be on fire, others, you will want to pull him... and maybe you should ;)
-no user catch/int
-allow line shift/slide
-allow smart route, no hot routes (exception- can change a fly pattern to a fade, especially at goal line)
-ask coach on offense and defense, one of 3 plays- ONLY CAN CALL 4 VERTS IF IT IS THE 'X' OR MIDDLE BOX
- if two of the same play show up in ask coach, you have to call that play
-if defense goes hurry up- you can call your own defensive plays
-no switch on defense, i contorl d line
-NO OFFENSIVE AUDBILES- IF YOU SEE THE OFFENSE BRINGING PRESSURE and youre running PA or running the ball, TOUGH!
-you are allowed to flip a run and shift te/fb/wr
- you can hot route a wr/hb/te/fb to block
-specials ask coach- always pick one of 3 (unless cpu is inside own 20, you can call any punt block variation
- if the ask coach tells you to go for it on 4th, you go, if it doesnt, you dont
- if you REALLY hate all ask coach options, call a TO... teams do this in real life if they cant get the right play in, etc..
- if cpu defense intercepts ball, you must stay controlling the qb and try to tackle him/allow your ai team mates to tackle him
- all strategy sliders are usable except for big run, catching, and interception/swat--- leaves these at balanced
-THESE RULES HELP KEEP THE GAME REALISTIC IN MY OPINION

-yes, its 'rules', they work for me, i know what they are, and have developed them over the years... im not sure how the sliders would play if you dont abide by them.. could be great, could be unrealstic. im not sure.. if you play a certain way, thats fine, just post generally how you play so it can be taken into account when posting stats!
- these may work for complete cpu v cpu, have not tested/dont play that way- the way i play is a glorified cpu v cpu essentially.

Difficulty: All-american
Speed threshold: 70- makes or breaks the game/set- please only test with this setting
Game speed: Normal
Quarter length: 9 minutes

USER V CPU (USER CONTROLS RB, SPECIALS, AND DT NO SWITCH, AUTO PASS ON)
Slider: Human/CPU
One number= same

FOR AUTO PASS WITH USER CONTROLLING RB, WR, AND DT (NO SWITCH RULE) I AM GOING TO USE THESE:
changes will be put next to original in red

Slider: Human/CPU Updated 7/19
QB accuracy: 35
Pass blocking: 0- should dramatically decrease sack numbers
WR catching: 45
RB ability: 50
Run blocking: 50
Pass coverage: 50
Pass rush: 0 - should dramatically decrease sack numbers
Interceptions 35
Rush defense: 50
Tackling: 50

FG power: 50
FG accuracy: 35
Punting power: 50
Punting accuracy: 50
Kickoff power: 40

Penalties:- will yield realistic numbers especially after finishing a dynasty season- some games will be high, others will be low, better OVR players will have less holding calls just like real ball
Offside: 85
False start: 85
Holding: 55- if you start getting too many, you will have to turn run block to conservative (adds to user rushing difficulty when doing so!)
Facemask:55
Off PI:100
Def PI:100
KR/<acronym title="Page Ranking">PR</acronym> Interf: 100
Clipping:50
Intent grounding:100
Roughing passer:100 -if u user control DL make sure you steer him away from the QB/towards the play after the ball is thrown or risk too many calls- 4-5 per game to account for no interf. calls
Roughing kicker: 100

Game Controls

Auto Passing- On
Auto Sprint- On (for human AI defenders/no switch rule)
Auto Strafe- On (for human AI defenders/no switch rule)
Show Play Art- Off

Auto Subs- these do not glitch!

<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style='width: 100%; height: 1px; background-image: url("/vBulletin/images/quotes/00.gif");' width="100%">Out/in

Qb- 0/1should never come out
Hb-74/80- backups get ~5 to ten carries based on type of offense
WR-60/80- good at default/ rarely come out
Fb/te-60/80 good at default / rarely come out
OL-0/1s-hould never come out

DT 75/80- good rotation
De 70/75- good rotation
LB 50/55- rarely sub out
Cb 0/6 should never come out
S 0/6- should never come out

</td><td style='width: 18px; height: 1px; background-image: url("/vBulletin/images/quotes/05.gif");' width="18"></td></tr><tr><td width="37"></td></tr></tbody></table>

trublud0dger 07-16-2012 06:16 PM

Re: Cheda's "equal based" AutoPass AA Sliders

Sounds interesting. How do you handle kicking?

Chedapalooza 07-16-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trublud0dger (Post 2043886753)
Sounds interesting. How do you handle kicking?

Knew I forgot something.

On kickoff I do the kick then hit circle/switch player and control whicheve player it switches me to. The same goes for punts. Do the punt, switch player and control from there, no switch. I also do all field goals and xp. I control all returners as well.

Phillips01 07-16-2012 08:21 PM

With the exception of the zeroed out attributes, I was surprised to note how closely your sliders resemble the ones I am currently using. :smile:

I will be starting my UCF coaching dynasty tonight with your sliders. I will begin my career as the OC. Hopefully the defense can call a good game.

I will report my game as soon as I can. Have to prep my recruiting board first.

Chedapalooza 07-16-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillips01 (Post 2043887379)
With the exception of the zeroed out attributes, I was surprised to note how closely your sliders resemble the ones I am currently using. :smile:

I will be starting my UCF coaching dynasty tonight with your sliders. I will begin my career as the OC. Hopefully the defense can call a good game.

I will report my game as soon as I can. Have to prep my recruiting board first.

Awesome! Can't wait to see your results. So u will be playing in coach mode? And not controlling anything at all, correct?

Phillips01 07-16-2012 10:15 PM

I will be playing in Dynasty mode as the Offensive Coordinator calling the offensive plays. The CPU will be handling the defense (until I get promoted to Head Coach).

I will do my best to abide by the rules you've laid out.

JayD 07-16-2012 10:25 PM

Just beat Tennessee in my UGA dynasty 40-7. Murray went 23-28 and the human rushing is far to easy. The cpu had a very hard time completing short to medium passes and to get their running game going at all. They were down the whole game so they did abandon the running game fairly early.

PS, with auto passing if you move the quarter back at all manually are you in complete control of him other than the cpu?

Chedapalooza 07-16-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 2043888372)
Just beat Tennessee in my UGA dynasty 40-7. Murray went 23-28 and the human rushing is far to easy. The cpu had a very hard time completing short to medium passes and to get their running game going at all. They were down the whole game so they did abandon the running game fairly early.

PS, with auto passing if you move the quarter back at all manually are you in complete control of him other than the cpu?

yea, i had a great bunch of games but then the cpu started tanking suddenly.. im kinda back to square one on the running game being too easy for human and too hard for the cpu. still trying to figure that out.

yes- if u touch it at all u will take control of him.. thats why if i scramble it is usually last minute and for minimal yardage.. i try to let him throw as much as possible