Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Bowl Bound College Football (/forums/showthread.php?t=561660)

Purplepower_NC 07-16-2012 06:02 PM

Bowl Bound College Football

Is anyone still playing this. I have thought about getting it back out.

Purplepower_NC 07-17-2012 09:53 PM

Re: Bowl Bound College Football

Guess not. However, I think I am going to bring this back out. With so many issues with 13...bowl bound gives an outstanding sim game.

Jukeman 07-18-2012 03:20 PM

Yea, playing NCAA 13 made me look up this game.

How outdated are the mods?

I assume the new conferences and bowls aren't included?

Purplepower_NC 07-18-2012 08:45 PM

Yea, some of the mods are outdated, but you can still download for the current colors/logos for the teams. As far as bowls, yea are outdated, but it gives you the option of using a playoff system (wished I did this when I started).

As far as conference moves....again you can edit anything you want. Also, set the CPU to make moves...and teams move at random... depends on how often is up to you.

This is by far the best sim game for the college game out there. Last nite, I have this RB coming in for a visit, and he is from my old high school. It has every HS listed and how many players are in the college ranks. Again, the most indepth game there is. Also, you can edit anything you like about the players rating/names.

Yes, a little dated as far as the bowls, but other than that....has so much more to offer.

Also, there is no way you are going to win the NC with a team like Akron in 2 years or most likely never.

Jukeman 07-25-2012 02:06 PM

I was actually able to find an updated mod with recent bowls and conferences on the grey dog website.

Also, is there anyway that I can make a CB play WR without changing his position? I would like to possibly create a 2way player like a Charles Woodson!

Purplepower_NC 07-25-2012 02:50 PM

Never tried it, but I think you can go to your depth chart and find the guy you want and put him in. Remember, players actually get tired ....this is not ncaa where a guy sees every snap of the ball. You might be a little safer to put him as a nickle back or dime package.

Finishing up the bowl games for this year. Haven't updated my dynasty page due work.

Jukeman 07-25-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC (Post 2043924806)
Never tried it, but I think you can go to your depth chart and find the guy you want and put him in. Remember, players actually get tired ....this is not ncaa where a guy sees every snap of the ball. You might be a little safer to put him as a nickle back or dime package.

Finishing up the bowl games for this year. Haven't updated my dynasty page due work.

Yea I noticed the fatigue and I love it :)

I went into the depth chart and tried to place a CB into a WR slot but it didn't let me, I don't know if its because I am using the demo or not tho.

And do you have a link to your dynasty page? I'll follow.

Purplepower_NC 07-25-2012 09:21 PM

Yea...you might be right about the Demo. If I was in a place I could change my depth chart I would...but in the middle of Bowl games...and got a lot of players banged up.

The Dynasty is here in the Operation Forums under the Dynasty page toward the bottom