Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   CPU exploiting coverage weakness in game (/forums/showthread.php?t=562058)

TeamHawkins 07-18-2012 12:41 AM

CPU exploiting coverage weakness in game

Every CPU team is exploiting the middle of the field. Doesn't matter if there is a LB, 2 LB's or a few DB's the middle of the field is always open unless you manually chase a guy around, and that's questionable because it seems like you get slowed down purposely by the game to allow completions.

Every year there is something that ticks me off to the point of not playing for an entire year. I tweaked sliders for two days and nothing helps that unless you simply turn the CPU passing down to 5 or 10. But if you do this the game becomes even more fake and there are too many bad throws, or the CPU simply won't throw the ball taking too many sacks.

I'm watching my wife play now, and 3 out of 4 passes are to the middle of the field wide open. Also, we're on Heisman with USER Coverage set to 100. (And yes the wife can play video games also! WOOHOO!)

All-American we had User Coverage set to 100 and still the same results. Ridiculous.

Also, USER Run Ability is set to 80, but DB's get ints and still take a few steps backwards EVERYTIME!! Another issue that plagued previous releases. You simply can't get an int in stride unless the CPU gets the int and is already in stride before you take over. I know EA wanted it to look more real with the gather step animation but it's way overdone, and just looks fake when you can only run with the ball 2 yards.

FAKE!