Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted? (/forums/showthread.php?t=562124)

Deegeezy 07-18-2012 11:02 AM

Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

Obviously, I know the dialogue is pre-scripted. However something I notice when simming from week to week, at the bottom of the screen, where they tell you what phase of the simulation they're at, i.e. "scheduling visits," scouting," etc., one of the steps says "loading studio updates."

Why would studio updates need to be loaded for a week that hasn't taken place yet?

fballturkey 07-18-2012 11:03 AM

Re: Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

All games are simmed when the week rolls over.

Deegeezy 07-18-2012 11:09 AM

What do you mean? Are you saying that when I sim from week 1 to week 2, all week 2 games have already been simmed? That can't be right.

The issue I am describing has to do with the fact that week 2's studio updates appear to be loading before the games are even played.

chickenmoo 07-18-2012 11:09 AM

I would guess that the screens having the team logos, names, etc. are pre-loaded to make it seamless within the game.

jayenomics 07-18-2012 11:10 AM

The Studio Updates are created in between weeks for the following week based on the sims for that week. You don't see the results, but the games outcomes are simmed for that.

Deegeezy 07-18-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayenomics (Post 2043895440)
The Studio Updates are created in between weeks for the following week based on the sims for that week. You don't see the results, but the games outcomes are simmed for that.

Weird. But don't we also have the ability to play other games from that week, not just the game with our dynasty team?

lionden_56 07-18-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deegeezy (Post 2043895457)
Weird. But don't we also have the ability to play other games from that week, not just the game with our dynasty team?

Yes, and if you do, you'll override the simmed result for that week. If you play a game at 7 pm, and you see the bottom line or studio update from a game that took place at noon, you can still play that game. But the CPU has to pre-sim everything to have a result to show you in that bottom line.

Skulletor 07-18-2012 12:06 PM

there's a bug where if you play games that have updates in other games, you will crash the game

so you need to play the games backwards in time (i.e. play an 8pm game before a 3pm game)

because if you play the 3pm game, change the result, then the 8pm game will crash because it no longer has the update from the 3pm game

all around a useless feature that causes problems

THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED