Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Help being a better passer (/forums/showthread.php?t=563079)

photonslayer 07-22-2012 02:55 PM

Help being a better passer

Does anyone have any tips on making better decisions and help with play call? I throw too many picks. Is there anything I can do to get better at making decisions and what are typically the best passing plays to pick?

Lionsfan7887 07-22-2012 02:57 PM

Re: Help being a better passer

I was in the same boat as you and I found out after watching alotta my replays on INTS that I wasn't staying in the pocket. Any type of pressure and I was scrambling and making errant throws.

Try going into practice mode and find passing plays that work for you. Also run the ball so you can get set up plays. I've found those do work.

prototype561 07-22-2012 03:16 PM

just practice a little more with your timing, you can't throw late or early or it will get picked.

db's and lb's have better hands than wr's this year

also, try not gamble on throws even when a man is single covered unless he clearly has his man beat, the cpu is just better at fighting for the ball so that will lead to a lot of picks

TMJOHNS18 07-22-2012 03:32 PM

Look at the D presnap and look at your routes and make a decision on where you want to go with the ball. Also keep your routes in mind if your not sure of the coverage and if you see Cover 2/3/4, Man, etc, know where your guys are going will help make a decision quicker.

What I do if I'm not certain of the coverage is look at my wr's and pick who I'm going to look for after the snap based on what the D moves. If I have my slot running a post and the wr out wide running a streak, I know I'll look at those if there's Cover 2, if it's Cover 3 or Man I might look to check another wr who's route would be good against that and keep them in my mind in depending on if I'm facing man on the slot or 3 deep zones and don't feel they'll get open.

Also, never hurts to have a check down. Worst case scenario you can dump it off, if you are running a lot of deep routes you may tend to force it more than you have to.

BadAssHskr 07-22-2012 03:51 PM

Im not much of a down the field passing guy, i like the short quick routes, easy completions.

Work on timing with easy routes that you like and progress yourself to deeper routes as you get the feel for it.

prototype561 07-22-2012 04:22 PM

you might want to decrease int slider also, thats the only slider adjustment I made, I was averaging around 8-10 picks per game both teams

Knight9299 07-22-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prototype561 (Post 2043911656)
just practice a little more with your timing, you can't throw late or early or it will get picked.

db's and lb's have better hands than wr's this year

also, try not gamble on throws even when a man is single covered unless he clearly has his man beat, the cpu is just better at fighting for the ball so that will lead to a lot of picks

What defines beating a DB deep is way different than last year. That's where I'm struggling the most this year

Groove74 07-22-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight9299 (Post 2043912062)
What defines beating a DB deep is way different than last year. That's where I'm struggling the most this year

Same here I send a WR down the sideline or on a deep route and it look as if he has a good jump on the the DB and BAM DB JUMPS ROUTE!!!! takes it back for 6 and me I am left makin' excusses to the Coach!! "Well coach I thought I saw sumthin' coach"!!!! :nchuck: