Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   APF 2K8 (/forums/showthread.php?t=563320)

lhslancers 07-23-2012 05:45 PM

APF 2K8

Haven't played a football game in many years picked up 2K8 used yesterday for 2 bucks. Game rocks for sure. I have a few basic questions maybbe someone can help.

Can you practice defense? No problem finding offensive practice mode can't seem to be able to switch.

The default switch player button is X on the PS3. Not a problem there but is there some delay during plays in player switching? I am having a problem switching off a player during runs and passes.

Kicking. Is there any way to stop the directional from moving or do I just have to try to hold it steady and hope for the best? Is there a practice mode for kicking?

Do you have to load the defensive linemen special moves or can you just press the button to execute clubs swim moves etc.?

Damn shame these guys aren't making football games anymore. Got NHL2K10 yesterday as well and it is a nice game.

jyoung 07-23-2012 06:25 PM

Re: APF 2K8

All moves you make in the game work better when they are charged. Even the intercept button.

You can practice any situation in practice mode. Offense, defense, or special teams. It's all listed under the practice options screen.

There is a way to keep the kicking arrow from moving. If I remember correctly, I think you have to be on one of the lower difficulty settings? I can't recall for sure, but I do know you can turn off the arrow movement. We used to do it for online leagues.

Player switching works seamlessly on the 360. I dunno, maybe it's just a PS3 problem.

The PS3 game is just inferior in a lot of ways. It never received the patch that the 360 game got. Plus it runs at only 30 FPS in every mode, whereas the 360 version is locked in at 60 FPS offline and 30 FPS online.

mightyrx 07-25-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhslancers (Post 2043916125)
Haven't played a football game in many years picked up 2K8 used yesterday for 2 bucks. Game rocks for sure. I have a few basic questions maybbe someone can help.

Can you practice defense? No problem finding offensive practice mode can't seem to be able to switch. yes, you can practice defense. When art the match up screen after setting the parameters for practice, the team on the right side is offense. The team on the left side is defense. Make the team you play with the team on the left and you will be practicing defense.

The default switch player button is X on the PS3. Not a problem there but is there some delay during plays in player switching? I am having a problem switching off a player during runs and passes. switching on the PS3 is circle, not X. X is for speed burst/wrap up tackling

Kicking. Is there any way to stop the directional from moving or do I just have to try to hold it steady and hope for the best? Is there a practice mode for kicking? on the easier modes, the arrow doesn't move. You can practice kicking when you practice offense. Pick field goal instead of regular plays.

Do you have to load the defensive linemen special moves or can you just press the button to execute clubs swim moves etc.? It's not mandatory because they work without the charge, but charging makes the moves easier to pull off

Damn shame these guys aren't making football games anymore. Got NHL2K10 yesterday as well and it is a nice game.

Hope that clears that up.
Send me a friend request so we can get some games in.
PSN ID-Mightyrx

lhslancers 07-26-2012 04:30 PM

Thanks a lot. I'm afraid I wouldn't be much of a challenge for you.

TjJunior 08-11-2012 06:16 AM

for the kicking, if you increase the accuracy slider it will stop the arrow from moving. That way you dont have to change all of your difficulty sliders just that one.

lhslancers 08-11-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjJunior (Post 2043990361)
for the kicking, if you increase the accuracy slider it will stop the arrow from moving. That way you dont have to change all of your difficulty sliders just that one.

Thanks a lot. Seems on field goals by the time I get to the line there ain't a whole lot of time to adjust the kicking meter. This should help a lot.

CerebrumMusica 08-11-2012 07:56 PM

Hey gang, sorry if this is a rookie question, but is there a way to switch to a 3-4 defense? Again, sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I searched and couldn't find an answer.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out...

TjJunior 08-13-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CerebrumMusica (Post 2043992433)
Hey gang, sorry if this is a rookie question, but is there a way to switch to a 3-4 defense? Again, sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I searched and couldn't find an answer.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out...

Gotta love that playbook editor. Adds a whole strategic element to team building. I know Madden has cutom playbooks is it the same thing? Anyone know?