Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Is the "Injury" Problem being addressed? (/forums/showthread.php?t=564306)

Black4track 07-28-2012 01:00 PM

Is the "Injury" Problem being addressed?

For the past couple of years, Injury has been a huge problem in NCAA.

You will have RB getting hurt every 5 plays. Sometimes the game doesnt even tell you a player is hurt or they will tell you 3 plays after the fact.

It also seems like OL hardly ever get hurt as well. Backups seldom get injured as well and if they do, its only for a few plays.

I know that injuries happen and its apart of the game, but the frequency they happen on NCAA is flawed.

Another problem is players returning into the game after severe injuries eg. A WR coming back into the game with a broken finger.

EA could fix the amount of injuries a game by adding a Injury slider or just tone it down a bit. It gets pretty annoying.

bkrich83 07-28-2012 01:07 PM

Re: Is the "Injury" Problem being addressed?

In reality the overall number of injuries is nothing compared the real life frequency of injuries.

I think the issue for most is that RB and QB seem to be affected a lot more frequently than the other positions.

prototype561 07-28-2012 01:56 PM

I seriously believe its because the cpu uses hit stick every single play

jaba134 07-28-2012 01:56 PM

Injuries are extremely inaccurate in this game, and they are such a big part of athletics that it needs to be fixed. A broken finger is not very severe for a player other than if it is an open fx or if it is on your quarterbacks throwing hand lol, if a player was held out with a fx finger than they probably shouldn't be playing college football.

War34Eagle 07-28-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaba134 (Post 2043935511)
Injuries are extremely inaccurate in this game, and they are such a big part of athletics that it needs to be fixed. A broken finger is not very severe for a player other than if it is an open fx or if it is on your quarterbacks throwing hand lol, if a player was held out with a fx finger than they probably shouldn't be playing college football.

For a lineman, or pretty much any D player, you're right, but what if a halfback fumbles because he can't grip the ball as tight? Or WR drops a ball because he can't squeeze it? Not just a QB issue. So yeah, I think injuries should be dependent on the position for deciding how long they're out

jaba134 07-28-2012 02:15 PM

Every injury is different but with the amount of drugs and innovative equipment that can be used/made it is very seldom you will see a player out because of a fx finger. I've seen WR make it thru the season with broken 4/5 metacarpals.

Colt45 07-28-2012 02:30 PM

I just turn them off. If it's going to be an extreme, it might as well be an extreme that favors the player for once. Although even turning injuries off last season didn't stop them.

Timeetyo 07-28-2012 02:58 PM

What I've done that has helped - although it is quite cheesy - is to leave injuries but edit my QBs / HBs to 99 inj. Sadly, they still get hurt, but I'm not using my 3rd string hb every game.

What I really wish was that we had a position specific injury slider - so i could (based on how it is now) turn QB/HB down, and everything else way up.