Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Does EA hate Arizona? (/forums/showthread.php?t=564601)

kprou15 07-29-2012 09:08 PM

Does EA hate Arizona?

I don't mean to complain about EA getting a little thing wrong with a school, because I know that with 123 teams its bound to happen. However, it seems like EA did not do any research on Arizona this year. First off, EA didn't include the massive video screen in our stadium that was finished last August. Then, they didn't include our redshirt senior qb matt scott, who would probably be rated somewhere in the mid 80s. Instead, Arizona fans are left playing online games with a 72 rated freshman who can't run at all, which makes it really difficult to run RichRod's offense. They also got our white helmet wrong for the 3rd straight year, but they mess up uni's often so I understand that one. Also, in dynasty mode, Arizona's academic prestige is B-, yet schools like Bama, Ole Miss, and Auburn are B and B+. I know Arizona isn't Stanford, but it also isn't a SEC school. Arizona's campus lifestyle is C+ while ASU's is A+, even though both campuses lifestyles are pretty much exactly the same. And today I discovered that while every other school has a special end zone design for bowl games, Arizona does not, leaving us with no background color while every other school has one. I know I'm ranting a lot and I don't expect EA to get everything perfect, but it seems a little ridiculous how off they were with Arizona this year.

gopher_guy 07-29-2012 09:14 PM

Re: Does EA hate Arizona?

Yes, they hate Arizona...

olemiss86 07-29-2012 09:34 PM

Yep.....they can't stand Arizona. Not a priority for them.

Watson 07-29-2012 09:41 PM

No.

Arizona is too inferior to care about, that's all

dingleberryfinn 07-29-2012 09:58 PM

There is no Arizona.
so says Jamie O'Neal

bear_down520 07-29-2012 09:59 PM

When the game came out I e-mailed many in the UA Athletic Dept. (including AD Greg Byrne) bringing up many of the same issues that you brought up. A couple of days later from a guy in the dept. saying that they had a meeting regarding these issues. I was told that they're working w/ EA to correct all the inaccuracies with our stadium & uniforms. We've exchanged a few e-mails & these are some of the things I've been told:

-The new scoreboard art was not submitted in time & will most likely be in NCAA '14, & they're working to get the North end zone expansion in as well.

-The uniforms should be fixed when the uniform update & Uniform Store is out (white facemasks on white helmets, 'A' logo removed from pants, copper & red helmets added, & uniforms to be worn w/ the copper helmets).

The_Rick_14 07-29-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear_down520 (Post 2043940268)
When the game came out I e-mailed many in the UA Athletic Dept. (including AD Greg Byrne) bringing up many of the same issues that you brought up. A couple of days later from a guy in the dept. saying that they had a meeting regarding these issues. I was told that they're working w/ EA to correct all the inaccuracies with our stadium & uniforms. We've exchanged a few e-mails & these are some of the things I've been told:

-The new scoreboard art was not submitted in time & will most likely be in NCAA '14, & they're working to get the North end zone expansion in as well.

-The uniforms should be fixed when the uniform update & Uniform Store is out (white facemasks on white helmets, 'A' logo removed from pants, copper & red helmets added, & uniforms to be worn w/ the copper helmets).

I'm not exactly sure what the process is but it sounds to me like EA contacts Athletic Departments and asks them to sign off on what will be represented in game. If that is in fact the process and if more fans wrote their respective Athletic Departments concerning inaccuracies, I wonder if they would take a closer look at what is submitted.

Just a thought with a bucket full of assumptions.

Blue 07-30-2012 01:50 AM

Stadium thing doesn't surprise me, UCF's stadium hasn't been update in years, the banner in the endzone still doesn't reflect the 2010 CUSA championship, as for campus lifestyle and academic prestige,ea doesn't spend a lot of time on these the my school on recruiting even states the grades are based on school performance, I'm not saying Arizona is bad but that explains a B or higher for the SEC West schools, there are some special cases, Ie Tulane with high academics, but it's not a thoroughly thought out grade, as for the QB, not surprised there's always something with every team, Arizona just ended up with one of the worst misses...