Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   K.C. Chiefs are good. Really Good. (/forums/showthread.php?t=565058)

JRitch12 08-01-2012 11:00 AM

K.C. Chiefs are good. Really Good.

I am having a hard time understanding why the Kansas City Chiefs are not talked about more. As long as they stay healthy, I think this team has an outstanding chance to surprise many by getting to the AFC Championship. They have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. With Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis, Dwayne Bowe, Tony Moeaki (still not ENTIRELY sold on him), and an improved line from last year they are a force to be reckoned with. Yes, Matt Cassel had a rough go last year. But people are quick to forget that he went to the Pro Bowl a couple years ago. The defense is one of the top in the league as well with Romeo Crennel there. While I'd rather he was just defensive coordinator I think he'll be a solid fit for the Chiefs.

I'm just tired of hearing all about how the Chargers and Broncos are the top two teams in the AFC West. The Chiefs have much more talent on their roster. However, they do need to look into the future with a new quarterback. I'm afraid Brady Quinn's best years are behind him.

Does anyone agree with anything I said? Feel free to bash on me all you want. I can take it.

ImTellinTim 08-01-2012 11:18 AM

Re: K.C. Chiefs are good. Really Good.

If Manning is healthy and plays anywhere near his usual standards, the Broncos have to be the favorites in that division.

The other problem the Chiefs have is that their quarterbacks are bad. Really bad.

bkrich83 08-01-2012 11:24 AM

The Chiefs are the most talented team in the division? Romeo Crennell leading a team to the conference title game?

I've now heard it all.

The nfl is a qb driven league at this point. The Chiefs have the worst qb in the division. Right off the bat, that doesn't bode well for them.

daflyboys 08-01-2012 11:29 AM

I've heard several spots where the Chiefs were looked upon favorable and even picked to win the division. But really, who cares about how much they're talked about. I think part of the problem is that with the glut of coverage and social media garbage that if an individual's team is not proportionately mentioned as much as another team or as much as they think they should be discussed, one gets annoyed or insulted.

Really, though, how much does that matter? How many seasons of pre-talk gobble-dee-gook do you have to hear before you realize that the games are the games and there are gazillions of factors along the way which will determine what will happen, not all of the crystal ball crap.

The Chiefs have a good squad on paper and if they can stay healthy, exercise a good system, keep up a strong chemistry and execute, they'll be in the thick of it. And that's all anyone can hope for with the given team they root for. When it comes down to it, at the end of the year, there will be one winner and 31 second place teams. And it's the same each and every year.

JBH3 08-01-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daflyboys (Post 2043951218)
I've heard several spots where the Chiefs were looked upon favorable and even picked to win the division. But really, who cares about how much they're talked about. I think part of the problem is that with the glut of coverage and social media garbage that if an individual's team is not proportionately mentioned as much as another team or as much as they think they should be discussed, one gets annoyed or insulted.

Really, though, how much does that matter? How many seasons of pre-talk gobble-dee-gook do you have to hear before you realize that the games are the games and there are gazillions of factors along the way which will determine what will happen, not all of the crystal ball crap.

The Chiefs have a good squad on paper and if they can stay healthy, exercise a good system, keep up a strong chemistry and execute, they'll be in the thick of it. And that's all anyone can hope for with the given team they root for. When it comes down to it, at the end of the year, there will be one winner and 31 second place teams. And it's the same each and every year.

True but funny....heck I wish the Eagles were talked about less. Especially after last year's debacle; which we mostly have Vince Young to thank for.

TheShizNo1 08-01-2012 12:00 PM

I love when my favorite teams aren't being talked about

bkrich83 08-01-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBH3 (Post 2043951333)
True but funny....heck I wish the Eagles were talked about less. Especially after last year's debacle; which we mostly have Vince Young to thank for.

The Dream Team!!

Out here at least, I don't really hear about the Eagles as much as in the past couple of years. I think that's a good thing for them. That division is anyones imo.

cjonesfan921 08-01-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkrich83 (Post 2043951359)
The Dream Team!!

Out here at least, I don't really hear about the Eagles as much as in the past couple of years. I think that's a good thing for them. That division is anyones imo.

If you ask me, it is Philly's to lose. It was last year and they lost it too.