Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   What's up with Live being off of the EA Earnings Upcoming Releases List? (/forums/showthread.php?t=565068)

RaychelSnr 08-01-2012 12:14 PM

What's up with Live being off of the EA Earnings Upcoming Releases List?

I wrote last week about the silence surrounding EA and NBA Live 13.

What was going on? What was the game's status? Why haven't we heard anything?

EA did nothing to help that speculation yesterday when they reported to investors the latest on the company's financial status in their quarterly report. Ominously so, in the company's list of upcoming releases this season NBA Live is nowhere to be found. Is this a sign EA has given up on yet another NBA effort or are they delaying it or choosing not to advertise it at all? It definitely doesn't look good to the casual gamer as this is almost always a bad sign in our industry if a company isn't willing to include an upcoming big release game on their quarterly earnings report.

EA's reasoning for not including Live is simple -- they apparently have yet to officially announce the game so they didn't include it on their quarterly earnings. That's highly interesting considering EA has already put out advertising material for the game already, but we'll let it slide this time.

THE YAMA 08-01-2012 12:21 PM

Wouldn't be surprised to see it canceled.

22cedric 08-01-2012 12:21 PM

No it hasn't been cancelled the game will come out.

mbergh22 08-01-2012 12:35 PM

It might as well be cancelled. If it doesn't release around the same time as NBA 2K13 then it will fail big time.

riichiieriich 08-01-2012 12:41 PM

EA is bungling this so much...if I didn't check this site regularly I never would have known EA was going to release a basketball game. Chances are it's going to suck because any time a company is hush hush about a game, that means they don't feel too great about it. If they felt it was up to snuff they'd be showing it off to anyone and everyone.

Tomba 08-01-2012 12:41 PM

I told EVERYONE. This game is not coming out this year...

23 08-01-2012 12:44 PM

Re: What's up with Live being off of the EA Earnings Upcoming Releases List?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomba (Post 2043951518)
I told EVERYONE. This game is not coming out this year...

Thats not what Hip Hop gamer said

22cowboys22 08-01-2012 12:53 PM

Not suprised,especially after hearing that one of game designers said they only have been working on the game for a year when i thought they said they would be working on it over the next 3yrs(since 2011).That would put them on track for 2014.