Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rod Woodson/Ronnie Lott true Oak Raiders? (/forums/showthread.php?t=565328)

Rayduh562 08-02-2012 07:03 PM

Rod Woodson/Ronnie Lott true Oak Raiders?

Hello football fans
pretty simple question, are Rod and Ronnie true Raiders? they both spent about 2 years with the team while both posting career numbers (8 picks each in one of their seasons) and Rod played in their 2002 superbowl team. would you guys consider these hall of famers die hard Oakland Raiders?

rangerrick012 08-02-2012 07:10 PM

Re: Rod Woodson/Ronnie Lott true Oak Raiders?

Rod Woodson's more known as a Steeler, then Raven, then as a Raider.

Ronnie Lott is a Niner legend.

Short answer: No. Oakland has enough legends to not have to poach guys from other teams who only played in Oak at the end of their careers. Is anyone really going to think of Jerry Rice as a Raider legend? :lol:

Rayduh562 08-02-2012 07:40 PM

thats true, but the fact still remains that these guys had great years in Oakland just like Jerry too.

phillyfan23 08-02-2012 07:46 PM

but they only spent 2 years in oakland. pete rose had 2-3 great years in philly and even got them over the hump to win the WS....but rose is a cinci red all the way part of the big red machine.

same with lott and woodson....niners and steelers eventhough they played well in oakland.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Rayduh562 08-02-2012 07:57 PM

i guess i see Rod and Jerry as Raiders bcuz i became a true diehard Raider fan during the early 2000s, when i was about 10 y/o, so my earliest football memories are of them in silver and black. but i agree that Lott was a 49er legend. but can u just imagine this Raiders All-time secondary:

LCB- Willie Brown
RCB- Mike Haynes
nickel- Lester Hayes
FS- Rod Woodson
SS- Ronnie Lott
:nchuck:

letsgopens66 08-03-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayduh562 (Post 2043957292)
i guess i see Rod and Jerry as Raiders bcuz i became a true diehard Raider fan during the early 2000s, when i was about 10 y/o, so my earliest football memories are of them in silver and black. but i agree that Lott was a 49er legend. but can u just imagine this Raiders All-time secondary:

LCB- Willie Brown
RCB- Mike Haynes
nickel- Lester Hayes
FS- Rod Woodson
SS- Ronnie Lott
:nchuck:

Really? Would you say that Marcus Allen will forever be known as Chief? Rod and Jerry are definitely not true Raiders.

Hell, I'm a Broncos fan and even if he wins a Super Bowl in Denver he will always be known as a Colt to me.

bkrich83 08-03-2012 12:12 AM

Ronnie Lott's best years were obviously as a Niner. He's a Niner, no one thinks of him as a Raider, he'll forever be known as a Niner.

Same can be said for Woodson when it comes to the Steelers.

SPTO 08-03-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkrich83 (Post 2043958185)
Ronnie Lott's best years were obviously as a Niner. He's a Niner, no one thinks of him as a Raider, he'll forever be known as a Niner.

Same can be said for Woodson when it comes to the Steelers.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Oh and let's not bring up Lott's time as a NYJ....That was very sad to watch :(