Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   OS is seeking new staff writers! (/forums/showthread.php?t=565510)

RaychelSnr 08-03-2012 03:07 PM

OS is seeking new staff writers!

It's that time of the year again! We are seeking multiple staff writers for the busiest time of the year for us!

<b><big>Staff Writer</big></b><b><big>
</big></b>
Are you a hardcore sports gamer? Do you feel you want to share your passion and knowledge with over a million readers monthly?

Well we've got a gig for you! Operation Sports is currently seeking new staff writers with several positions open. We are seeking talented writers who can cover a variety of sports games with both features and review opportunities. Also there is the potential for travel to game events.

Residency in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, and New York City is a plus!

We are looking for writers who avidly play at least two of the following games: Madden, NCAA Football, NBA 2K, EA's NBA Live, MLB: The Show.

If you are an avid i-Device sports game player or a player on other mobile platforms we'd love to talk to you as well.
If you are interested please send the following with OS Staff Writer as the subject to our Executive Editor Chris Sanner at [email protected]:

Your Name
Your Location
Your OS Username
Your Twitter Handle
A Resume Detailing Previous Writing Experience
A sample feature and review, both need to be under 500 words apiece (published authors welcome to bring links to the table)
What Games do you play avidly?
What consoles do you own?
How many articles a week are you comfortable with writing?

Failure to meet any of the requirements listed above will result in your dismissal from consideration. Thus...don't be a fool and follow directions. Ok? Can't wait to hear from you all!

Be sure to read the full details of the position here.

wisdom less13 08-03-2012 04:31 PM

Damn, wish I had writing experience other than creative writing in high school, and comedy later on in life...

BenGerman 08-03-2012 06:42 PM

Hey Chris, I sent in my application. Thanks for the opportunity! I hate to hound you with questions, but should we expect a reply one way or the other?

ghettogeeksta 08-04-2012 03:47 AM

Sounds like the easiest qualifications ever for a job. All you have to do is play two of those sports games, and know how to write. I wish I lived in one of those cities.

mulderscully 08-04-2012 10:51 AM

Sent in my information. Would love to be part of the team!

jcool213 08-04-2012 01:35 PM

Re: OS is seeking new staff writers!

yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

SkillzKillz719 08-04-2012 10:13 PM

How much our the wages? Just a little curious. Feel free to PM me.
But I don't expect a reply.

MaynEv3nT 08-05-2012 07:52 AM

Been waiting a whole year to get another crack at being an OS writer! I have applied!