Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Broken tackles by the CPU (/forums/showthread.php?t=566144)

ncsupack2013 08-06-2012 05:44 PM

Broken tackles by the CPU

I do not know if it is just me or what, but the computer always breaks at least one tackle in every play. I am using real good defenses (Texas and Georgia) but they seem to break every tackle attempt. I do just big hit a lot but I have used that as means of tackling for the past 3 years and never had problems. Is that the problem or is everyone having issues like this. Should I just run into the ball carrier and tackle or should I press square(ps3)?

Thanks

AUChase 08-06-2012 05:54 PM

You could try adjusting your strategy from aggressive to conservative and go for more solid tackles. With the sliders we use in my dynasty, the CPU will burn you for constantly going for the stick.

Sent from my Desire HD

GHmanRON 08-06-2012 06:10 PM

Re: Broken tackles by the CPU

Like AU said, you may want to change your def. strategy to conservative to get more tackles. But I have had more problems with broken tackles this year then past games.

tariq071 08-06-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHmanRON (Post 2043970691)
Like AU said, you may want to change your def. strategy to conservative to get more tackles. But I have had more problems with broken tackles this year then past games.

They actually fixed it this year finally, as it aggressive tackling and/or ball striping leads to bigger chance of missed/broken tackle.
Combine that with CPU running being always set on aggressive and you get whole bunch of broken tackles.

There was no downside before, you will do big hit or strip ball whole , with almost no chance of missing tackle.

It's now as it should be, situational feature, to bad that CPU doesn't get it since it's still keeping it on aggressive whole game.

ncsupack2013 08-06-2012 06:23 PM

I do not mess with my strategy for tackling.

BA2929 08-06-2012 06:42 PM

I had this problem too. Don't use the hit stick and you'll be better. If that doesn't help, adjust the USER tackle slider up a notch or two.

I couldn't stop using the hit stick, so I adjusted the tackle slider up 1 notch and it worked wonders. I'm obsessed with the hit stick, but I've been trying to ween myself off of it and just using the tackle button.

gutsdabeast 08-07-2012 12:19 AM

I don't use the hit stick. I play on heisman & my sliders are 55 run ability cpu & 50 tackle human. The cpu breaks close to 10 tackles a game between the qb & rb. It gets frustrating when they break 5 tackles on third down to get a first. But the cpu is so dumb that I accept it.

On the flip side, I adjusted my sliders up to 100 run ability human & 0 tackle cpu & still my adjusted 99 rb (one game test) broke only 2 tackles. I may be doing something wrong though.

jello1717 08-07-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutsdabeast (Post 2043972609)
On the flip side, I adjusted my sliders up to 100 run ability human & 0 tackle cpu & still my adjusted 99 rb (one game test) broke only 2 tackles. I may be doing something wrong though.

I think you're doing something wrong. I play on Heisman with 55 user RBA and 45 CPU tackle and 55 CPU rushing defense and these are the top tackle breakers in the 1st couple of years in my dynasty (obviously none of them are 99 OVR).

and here are the top tackle breakers in a single game in just a couple of years.